High Rises and Wind | GTAMotorcycle.com

High Rises and Wind

Roasted

Site Supporter
I'm sitting in an office on the 32nd floor right now in NYC (which is not even that high) and I seriously feel like I'm in an old, creaky fishing boat. I don't feel anything but the creaking sounds are loud as hell. Feels like I'm watching Master and Commander in surround sound. Do some of you with condos on 20+ floor experience this? Can't say I'm a fan but I guess you can get used to anything. Hell, I live right next to train tracks and I'm used to that.

Asking the important questions here:

Did you refreshed for more Tinder swipes, or are you all out?

Go higher. It's even creakier. You can plot that on a graph for viewing in you're golden years when you're senileier.

Actually, I think you might be right and I'm talking out of my ***. I remember my mother mentioning that she felt it in the BASEMENT of a condo building.

Cue.. Sonny coming in here saying you're feminine because you're close with your mother...

Probably don't' even notice earthquakes up that high.

You feel them just as much.

I work and live in high-rises and I have an inner ear issue that makes me super-sensitive to this stuff. When buidlings sway, I feel like the floor is made of molasses. Not fun.

I used to work on the 43rd in the TD Centre and couldn't notice much movement.

People used to do stupid things against the windows up there, and at least on guy had a telescope in his office.

I used to live in a Concord condo in Spadina, I was in the 34th floor, when it was windy I swear I felt the building bending, maybe it was just in my head but I could feel it.

I'm sitting in an office on the 32nd floor right now in NYC (which is not even that high) and I seriously feel like I'm in an old, creaky fishing boat. I don't feel anything but the creaking sounds are loud as hell. Feels like I'm watching Master and Commander in surround sound. Do some of you with condos on 20+ floor experience this? Can't say I'm a fan but I guess you can get used to anything. Hell, I live right next to train tracks and I'm used to that.

Back
Top Bottom