Close call in Winnipeg | GTAMotorcycle.com

Close call in Winnipeg

It will always be a problem. Last weekend, some jerk cut me right off while driving my wife's new 335i. I had to slam on the brakes and quickly make an evasive maneuver. I was fuming. If she wasn't in the car it would have escalated dramatically.
Later, she expressed her concern about me being a new rider and and my reaction if it happened while on my bike. Truly, I don't know. I hope that I'll be ready and I will try to have all of the training neccessary to deal with a situation like that. But on a bad day, well, I'm 6' 3" and 235 lbs. Probably better if I didn't catch them.

A 30's-40's aged female asian Acura SUV driver changed lanes into me on a left bend. The front end of my car was matching up with her back passenger door. Slammed on my breaks and skidded, allowing me to avoid being hit by her. Got so mad and followed her to a shopping mall parking lot nearby and confronted her from my car. Basically told her what she just did and she acted completely clueless. Her only reply in a dumb blonde accent "I didnt even see you, did you liiiiiike come out of another street?" I wanted to explode, i was so angry at how stupid she was. People dont look at their blind spot half the time they make lane changes, so obviously they dont see the person they are about to hit. People also barely ever signal. I hate Toronto drivers.

I always drive as defensively as possible when other cars are around me. Like others have said on this forum and in the video posted above, always expect every car is there to take you out.
Safe driving!

Sadly, its part of riding a motorcycle/scooter. A redneck in South Dakota driving a pick up wanted to play a game of chicken with me. He deliberately forced me off the road by overtaking another car on a rural road. There were only 3 vehicles within a 10 miles radius and he couldn't wait another 10 second to pass. Mother flipper has a big grin on his face when he passed.

Best one was a South East Asian taxi driver in Hamilton whom I called a "camel rider" at the time I confronted him. We were coming down the hill on Upper James/Wellington 2 up on a scooter. Near the bottom, I saw him mounted a curb then cut left across 3 lanes to get to a $10 fair. Luckily, I was going slow, saw him early, no traffic and missed hitting him by inches. I pounced on the passenger side window when he stopped, taunted him to come out of his cab so I can kick his flipping ***. In retrospect, BIG MISTAKE on my part. If he did come out, one of us might be dead and the other in jail!

Be alert of your surroundings at all time and ride safe everyone.

hardly a close call, someone overpassing, just pull to the right. Has happened to me many times on open roads across Ontario

Back
Top Bottom