Insurance companies for youngins | GTAMotorcycle.com

Insurance companies for youngins

Tjf

Hey youngins and oldins,

I'm 23 and each year a month before i renew my policy I call a set of insurance companies to get quotes. Here's a list of them with their numbers. Just a heads up, Desjardins, Intact/Jevco with Louis Meier and State farm have been the cheapest.

I'm 23
Kawi Ninja 250
M2 in 2013
1 ticket on record/no demerits/no accidents/G for 5 years​
$152/month with Desjardins (newest quote)

TD MM - 1-888-385-6865
Desjardins - 1-877-699-9923
Seamus Kelly - State Farm - 905-383-6787
Renata Midura - State Farm - 905-817-0400
Carolyn Maugeri - State Farm - 905-426-5959
John Duffy Insurance - 905-479-2013
Intact/Jevco - Louis Meier - 416-398-2596
Intact/Jevco - Spacca Insurance - 416-665-6500
Intact/Jevco - Adriatic Insurance - 905-851-8555
Marsh - 1-877-476-6727

Happy Shopping

A number of those are the same insurers through different brokers. Did you get different State Farm prices from the three SF brokers?

I've called about 5 different SF brokers including a few found on here and my local ones. Originally I thought their numbers were slightly different, but actually only their definition of 'full coverage' (without stating deductibles) and whether or not they rounded the .99 cents differed. Turns out all the quotes are the same.

I got different quotes from Seamus Kelly and Renata Madura by about $300.

That may be, just make sure the deductibles are the same.

Also, I signed my State Farm paperwork today and had to do it in office; no email/mail/fax. Not sure if that's company wide policy, but something to keep in mind if your agent is a long way away.

25/M2 Nov '14/'11 CBR250r. Clean record, downtown Toronto netted me $81/mo for liability + $1000coll, $500comp.

That may be, just make sure the deductibles are the same.

Also, I signed my State Farm paperwork today and had to do it in office; no email/mail/fax. Not sure if that's company wide policy, but something to keep in mind if your agent is a long way away.

25/M2 Nov '14/'11 CBR250r. Clean record, downtown Toronto netted me $81/mo for liability + $1000coll, $500comp.

Ahh lucky guy, once you're 25 it drops a great deal! That's a great rate!!!!

I would recommend for the future you not get collision, seeing as the deductible is $1000. My theory for saying that is that if you do get in an accident and your bike isn't totaled, your costs will probably be $1000 or less to fix it. So there's no difference if you have insurance or not, you'll be paying to fix the bike at the beginning. If someone hits you, their insurance covers you so if you're confident in yourself, might be a money saver there

Last edited:
Ahh lucky guy, once you're 25 it drops a great deal! That's a great rate!!!!

I would recommend for the future you not get collision, seeing as the deductible is $1000. My theory for saying that is that if you do get in an accident and your bike isn't totaled, your costs will probably be $1000 or less to fix it. So there's no difference if you have insurance or not, you'll be paying to fix the bike at the beginning. If someone hits you, their insurance covers you so if you're confident in yourself, might be a money saver there

I thought about leaving off collision and comprehensive, but for $9/mo it's no big deal. Especially if for some absurd reason somebody wants to drag a 250 into their van, or my bike becomes an absolute write off.

Back
Top Bottom