Cant find my neutral ? | GTAMotorcycle.com

Cant find my neutral ?

Ghostrider619

Hello, when I am about to park my bike in my garage I hold my clutch in and try to put it on neutral but the shifter wont come up. Even when i roll the bike a bit it doesnt shift up BUT when i hit the ignition switch off i can easily pull the shifter up and put it on neutral. What might be the case does anyone know ? Thanks

Hello, when I am about to park my bike in my garage I hold my clutch in and try to put it on neutral but the shifter wont come up. Even when i roll the bike a bit it doesnt shift up BUT when i hit the ignition switch off i can easily pull the shifter up and put it on neutral. What might be the case does anyone know ? Thanks
Check your clutch freeplay:

[video=youtube;eRBGiTrpp7I]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eRBGiTrpp7I[/video]

All of my bikes always have so much freeplay it's almost impossible to get them into neutral with the engine running.

happens to me all the time try this
sit on your bike start it pressing clutch and keep tapping on you gears downwards until you cant tap any further and the slowly pull your gears upwards one by one till you see that green N light on the dash, trust me keep doing that u will get use to your bike

Check your clutch freeplay:

[video=youtube;eRBGiTrpp7I]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eRBGiTrpp7I[/video]

All of my bikes always have so much freeplay it's almost impossible to get them into neutral with the engine running.

Don't adjust your clutch the way this guy does. Adjust it to the proper amount of freeplay.

happens to me all the time try this
sit on your bike start it pressing clutch and keep tapping on you gears downwards until you cant tap any further and the slowly pull your gears upwards one by one till you see that green N light on the dash, trust me keep doing that u will get use to your bike

Your stopping your bike without downshifting. You should down shift through the gears as you come to a stop not just pull the clutch in and hit the brakes. By the time the bikes stopped you should be in 1st gear which would require a slight upshift into neutral.

A few things you can try:

- Try slowly releasing the clutch a tiny bit while trying to find neutral. Keep your foot on the brake.
- Try tapping down from second, sometimes that's an easier way to find neutral than from first.
- Try revving the engine with the clutch pulled in, then let off the throttle and try to find neutral.

Wen I first had my bike, I was having rough time getting neutral. Once I did an oil change, I swear neutral was a lot easier to get. I dunno I could just be on crack. Not sure if oil change has anything to do with it, but thats just what I observed lol

^ gear and engine oil is the same on most modern sport bikes. Fresh oil can affect this for sure.

OP trying finding neutral "down" from second gear, instead of "up" from first. Sometimes it's an easier movement to press down a bit than trying to lift up a little bit with your foot.

One of my bikes presented with this problem when I used a ****** oil. I found that I would have to roll the bike, rev it a bit, put my left foot in, take my left foot out, do the hokey pokey and bam Neutral. Changed the oil to a good product, problem solved.

I mean when I am about to stop at a light, I downshift to first gear while holding my clutch in. Then when I am completely stopped with the clutch in and in first gear I cant shift up. like physically i cant shift up so i cant get it to neutral. Even when i roll the bike a little bit forward and backwards it wont shift up. I can only shift up when I start moving.

built in safety feature...your bike wants to be in go mode just in case you need to haul azz /s

Oil level affects this too. Too much oil in my SV makes it difficult to shift gears.

two things, 1 at a light you always want to be in 1st incase you need to get out of dodge quickly. 2 i've had it described that some bikes end up with "hooked" gear teeth so when at a stop even with your clutch pulled in your engine is putting pressure on the gears and they don't have the ability to pull apart like when in motion, when in motion both the drive gear and the wheel gear are rotating so when you pull in the clutch you get "float", it's the same mechanics that would allow clutchless shifting. This is why when you kill the engine you can shift it (it's no longer putting pressure on the gears)

Back
Top Bottom