Highbeams won't come on even after bulb replacement - help? | Page 2 | GTAMotorcycle.com

Highbeams won't come on even after bulb replacement - help?

I found the problem forum, the cable for the high beam isn't connected to the switch, as can be seen in the pic below. I used some electrical tape to test out the connection and rule everything else out. The electrical tape held and the high beam works. It appears to be a simple soldering job. Does anyone know if I could use something else besides a soldering iron and solder or is that my only option?

2i9l73n.jpg

Good work on hunting down your issues.

Re-soldering that connection is really your only choice. It only takes a couple of mins. If you don't have the equipment to do the repair post up your whereabouts and i'm sure someone will help you out. I could do it for you depending on location and timing.

@CruisnGrrl fair enough, thought I'd ask just in case :)

@Torren Thanks, yeah of all things it could've been this is a simple fix. Thanks for the offer, I really appreciate it but I think I'll be good. I have a soldering iron and have some experience so unless the wire turns out to be harder then I think it should go smoothly :)

Good Job!

Did you get it all soldered up and working?

It's so nice to get some closure on some of these threads.

Did you get it all soldered up and working?

It's so nice to get some closure on some of these threads.

Sorry should've mentioned it. Yes after soldering the high beam is working again :). Thanks for all the helps folks :D

Back
Top Bottom