Track Day Tents | Page 2 | GTAMotorcycle.com

Track Day Tents

From Pro6:

Looking to spice up your pit this season? We have a few Pro6/Dunlop Caravan custom canopies left! $599 for the 10x10 canopy by itself. $349 when buying 5 sets of tires, and $199 when buying 10 sets.

11082500_10153225487175681_670740696749019692_n.jpg

Big fan of Pro6 and DUnlop tires but.... I can get the same canopy for about 330 tax in (in a solid color) without having to buy tires. Now if you are going to buy tires anyways from them then its a good deal. Also kind of bothers me paying extra for a piece of equipment while I am free advertising.

I think in Canada you're paying for the privilege of showing off the Dunlop name. haha...

Big fan of Pro6 and DUnlop tires but.... I can get the same canopy for about 330 tax in (in a solid color) without having to buy tires. Now if you are going to buy tires anyways from them then its a good deal. Also kind of bothers me paying extra for a piece of equipment while I am free advertising.
No kidding...

I'm buying the tires, it's a quality canopy, they're (Pro6) the Dunlop race tire distributor, they do amazing professonal track side tire service, and are arguably one of if not the best track day organizers we have.

There's not one single reason I can think of that doesn't make me want one of these.

Was your gazebo one the one that bends inward? lol
Haha, forgot about that storm. In all fairness the canopy is still being used, cost less than a tank of gas (on the bike) and that wind was so bad that it picked up a tent and was blown over a 5foot high fence when I caught it before tumbling down a hill. That day at mosport I also saw true EZ ups that are expensive crumpled into a heap in the garbage can due to those winds.

I'm buying the tires, it's a quality canopy, they're (Pro6) the Dunlop race tire distributor, they do amazing professonal track side tire service, and are arguably one of if not the best track day organizers we have.

There's not one single reason I can think of that doesn't make me want one of these.
We know all that but the one single reason is over price

$350 is too much for a quality canopy? Nobody is using less than 5 sets of tires in a season.

$350 is too much for a quality canopy? Nobody is using less than 5 sets of tires in a season.
It's probably not but I do find it a little insulting. Hey if you buy five sets of tires we'll allow you to buy a canopy from us for still more than you get get it elsewhere displaying our company logo. Meh you're right, you're gonna buy the tires anyway and yeah dunlop and pro6 are top notch but stil

Easy guys. We paid $550 US each to have them custom printed and shipped from Nashville. So we are not making any money on them. Maybe we paid too much, but I did a lot of research on this last spring and could not find anyone in Canada who could do it cheaper for the same quality of product so I went with the same mom/pop company that printed Dunlop USA's. If anyone has connections on getting the same product printed in Ontario, please, I would love to know about it.
They're the heavy duty frame, same ones we use in our pit and essentially identical to the EZUP you would get out of Cali for a grand. If you want to go to walmart and buy a canopy, giver. My caravan bought in 2001 still rocks today after 10 seasons of dirt track.

I don't think anyone is saying that Pro6 is trying to make money out of them, or questioning the quality of the product or questioning Pro6 at all - Want to make that clear

My comment was (and I repeat) I bought the same quality product (single colour) for 330 tax in and if you are buying it from Pro6 without tires you are basically over paying while promoting 2 companies for free...

I don't have much of a problem with promoting local business but I have a problem with paying a premium (IMO) for doing it.

This is a tent thread, someone posted an offer and I offered my feedback on what I think about the offer

Same way when someone posts an offer for a generator, racers give their opinions without necessarily meaning to insult Honda, or Yamaha or Champion etc!

End of story for me.

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom