Cost of getting 03 r6 forks fluid changed | GTAMotorcycle.com

Cost of getting 03 r6 forks fluid changed

andrewp

Im looking to get the front fork fluid changed on my 03 r6. Does anyone have any recommendations on who to use and how much it would cost. Bike has 26000kms

Im looking to get the front fork fluid changed on my 03 r6. Does anyone have any recommendations on who to use and how much it would cost. Bike has 26000kms

got mine done at pro6 approx. $120. that was for disassembly, cartridges cleaned and new semi syn oil. (forks off the bike).

I *think* your forks have drain plugs. You can change the fork oil the old-fashioned way, you might want to look into it if you have tools. Forks can stay on the bike, hardest part is just getting the fork caps off & on.

If you get it done, though, at least you don't have to worry about labour for taking the front of the bike apart.

I *think* your forks have drain plugs. You can change the fork oil the old-fashioned way, you might want to look into it if you have tools. Forks can stay on the bike, hardest part is just getting the fork caps off & on.

If you get it done, though, at least you don't have to worry about labour for taking the front of the bike apart.

When you have your forks serviced they do a lot more than just drain the oil and refil. If that IS all they're doing you need to go to a better shop.

When you have your forks serviced they do a lot more than just drain the oil and refil. If that IS all they're doing you need to go to a better shop.

It's all the OP was asking for

Pm "Frekeyguy" or "kneedragger88" both are members, both have a solid reputation. If I'm not mistaken, Frekeyguy is west gta, kneedragger88 is east.

"You lost 15 friends on motorcycles? and you have only been riding since 2008? was this a group ride that fell off a cliff or are you being serious?"-ZX600

12 year old bike & 26000kms - you should probably replace the seals. They are going to leak sooner than later.

I dont think people realize just how badly fork oil degrades over just a season or 2. When I do forks for people they usually wait until they leak to change the oil. And because of that they let the oil get so degraded its basically water at that point. When the oil goes in its like olive oil, its thick and transparent. When the oil comes out its back or grey with particles of metal in it, and it smells like crap! So just adding oil, you are just mixing new good oil with 90% oil degraded oil that is doing almost nothing because its so degraded. Ive had people come in asking if they need Ohlins springs or something because their suspension feels like a wet sponge. All they needed was a fork oil change. Because theyve owned the bike for 5-6 years and never changed the fork oil because they never leaked....Same happens with brake fluid, not broken dont fix it, and they have brake fluid thats the color of Pepsi in their brake res

The part that takes the most time is cleaning all the old oil and metal particles from inside the forks and valving. So that when you add your new oil its all 100% new oil, and not old oil remains

So I live in the east end. Most appreciated for everyone who responded on the site as i have been following. Ive owned multiple bikes but never changed the fluid in the forks. Ill contact kneedragger88 once I take ownership for the bike in a few weeks. i should have been more specific when I asked the question. I know prices range and but "give or take its somewhere around" is what I was asking. This site is awesome for that stuff and im always for independant mechs as I do most my work myself but when it comes to a full forks service job Ive never done one. So thanks everyone....

Back
Top Bottom