City of Hamilton trial adjournment request | GTAMotorcycle.com

City of Hamilton trial adjournment request

gaihosa

Hi,

The city of Hamilton is asking that I attend court on the 27th of March for an adjournment to reschedule my trail on the bases that the officer who charge it is on Annual Leave. Just wondering what to expect and how to handle this.

Is the 27th the court date sent to you originally?
Can you say NO and have the charges dropped? Not your fault you are ready for the court date and the prosecution witness is not.

Thought you can tell the judge you are ready to proceed with the trial.... and they lose if their witness is not in attendance. BE ready to go ahead with the trial.

Last edited:
That is not the trail date. The trial date is in August. March is just to reschedule it. Is there still the possibility to go to trail?

If the cop is away, still not your problem. I would still say no, if possible. Then when the actual trial comes up, they have to drop the charges....hopefully. You still have to attend though.

Whatever you do, make sure you take the correct trail to the trial so that you're not late for the court date if you take a wrong turn on the trail......

Since the adjournment is at their request--worse case the new date may put you into charter motion range (right to a speedy trial...). The clock should keep ticking since the delay is not your fault.

Hi,

The city of Hamilton is asking that I attend court on the 27th of March for an adjournment to reschedule my trail on the bases that the officer who charge it is on Annual Leave. Just wondering what to expect and how to handle this.

When was the original notice of infraction given?

December 2013.

The time that has passed already exceeds what is normal for a successful 11b submission, if none of the delays are attributable to you. You want to file such a request for dismissal as your right to a prompt trial has been abrogated.

I have form 4f from the link on this site but I am not sure to fill out some of it.

Can anyone here help me fill out the form or recommend someone in Hamilton that I could hire?

Been caught by a red light camera in Hamilton. The timing was aweful. Now I have a ticket for $325 and 3 options to choose.

If any experiences with the red light camera, what's the best course of action to take so the least amount of damage is encountered besides a big lesson learned which would never be forgotten?

Please let me know if any legal advice, court experiences, phone talk with the prosecutor and etc.

A million thanks

Last edited:
Been caught by a red light camera in Hamilton. The timing was aweful. Now I have a ticket for $325 and 3 options to choose.

If any experiences with the red light camera, what's the best course of action to take so the least amount of damage is encountered besides a big lesson learned which would never be forgotten?

Please let me know if any legal advice, court experiences, phone talk with the prosecutor and etc.

A million thanks
I pass red-light cameras almost every day. The best course of action that I take for the least amount of damage is to stop before the line when the light is red.

Back
Top Bottom