Fluid leaking from the front and foot peg area ? | GTAMotorcycle.com

Fluid leaking from the front and foot peg area ?

Ghostrider619

Hey guys, my bike 2009 Gt250R is leaking some drops of fluid from the left front side of the bike as well as the foot stand area. I am not sure if its the fork seal problem or if its the brake fluid thats leaking :(

EDIT: Its the left fork thats leaking. Am i looking around 300-400 to fix this ?

Last edited:
Gt250R has an inverted fork. Does this mean if its a fork seal leak then it should leak from the top or bottom of the fork ? I see some fluid buildup on the lower side of the fork.

Gt250R has an inverted fork. Does this mean if its a fork seal leak then it should leak from the top or bottom of the fork ? I see some fluid buildup on the lower side of the fork.
Post a pic of where it's coming from

Its a hyosung... That's the #1 quality you paid for your engine is about to fall apart. But seriously probably just needs fork seals. My guess is like 40-80 bucks for seals and oil
Probably hour or two labour So close to 300

You may be able to clean the seal. You can search seal mate and determine if the product has the potential to work for you. I have also seen seals dry up over the winter months if stored in a non ideal location. I have seen this addressed with standard forks by soaking a cloth in fork oil and wrapping it on the offending fork leg for a bit.

You may be able to clean the seal. You can search seal mate and determine if the product has the potential to work for you. I have also seen seals dry up over the winter months if stored in a non ideal location. I have seen this addressed with standard forks by soaking a cloth in fork oil and wrapping it on the offending fork leg for a bit.

This^. I've used the seal mate tool. Works well, however if you've lost much fluid already, it may need cleaning and topping up anyway. You can save some cash by removing the forks themselves and taking only the forklegs in for work. Try "Frekeyguy" on this forum, seems to do good work at reasonable prices, or try "kneedragger88".

"You lost 15 friends on motorcycles? and you have only been riding since 2008? was this a group ride that fell off a cliff or are you being serious?"-ZX600

Back
Top Bottom