First Used Ninja 300 | Page 2 | GTAMotorcycle.com

First Used Ninja 300

That's debatable. I've owned both, more carb bikes the FI, but would never go back carbs after seeing what carbs was all about.

For the less enlightened, can you explain what the difference between carb bikes and FI bikes? Thanks

Method used to introduce fuel into the combustion chamber.... fi is more modern and wfficient.. while carbs is old skool and suppose to have more "soul".. I prefer fi

a used carbed bike has nothing to be scared of as long as the previous owner maintained the bike and depending upon age etc has had carbs serviced, (cleaned possibly jetted). Less issues with a FI bike. Certainly easier to start in these current temps, then a carb.

Carb bikes need manual operation of air/gas delivery. You need to use the choke. FI is a completely automated system. FI is a lot easier to use because it's a start and go type deal like your car. With carbureted bikes you'll have to adjust a couple things until it's warmed up. No big deal, I was completely new to bikes and started on a ninja 250 and loved it. FI is just icing on the cake.

Last edited:
Wow if that guy paid $7000 for a 300cc bike he got ripped off.
Friend, you may need to pay closer attention to your reading...
He is apparently attempting to include (in addition to the bike) a cover, frame sliders, a seat carrier, a helmet, a riding jacket, and all taxes.
If it all adds up to $6k, out-the-door would therefore be almost $7k I guess - the way he sees it.
But the thing is, your Wow statement would seem to be a bit of an oversimplification.

Friend, you may need to pay closer attention to your reading...
He is apparently attempting to include (in addition to the bike) a cover, frame sliders, a seat carrier, a helmet, a riding jacket, and all taxes.
If it all adds up to $6k, out-the-door would therefore be almost $7k I guess - the way he sees it.
But the thing is, your Wow statement would seem to be a bit of an oversimplification.

If it included gear and accessories you are right, 7k sounds reasonable, but I interpreted this part of the email "if you go to the dealer that bike will cost you 7g's out the door" as the bike alone cost 7k out the door, and did not include any accessories or gear. I guess that is on me for interpreting it differently.

Back
Top Bottom