H2R First Laps | GTAMotorcycle.com

H2R First Laps

ZX600

Site Supporter
Seems heavy and a handful, specially when downshifting, must have really good TC.

[video]http://www.sportrider.com/video-first-laps-aboard-kawasaki-ninja-h2r[/video]

Not sure if it is a repost

Wow, the anti-wheelie makes the supercharger sound awesome at 200km/h coming out of a corner and the front lifts into the air! Almost sounds like a rally car on quick downshift blips :)

Ok, were do I sign for my all expense paid trip to Qatar, and test ride ???????

Meh. The pull over 250 is impressive, but up until that it's just throwing power away to keep the bike from chucking a mental, and I doubt it's any quicker than an everyday liter bike. For the way I ride a bike, it's really not that compelling. The speed at the big end of the straight is wicked, though...

Also true. But not relevant.

Am looking forward to a vid where this bike is put on a track side by side with, say, an S1000RR or an R1. It's hard to gauge just how fast this thing is -- and how much of that 300HP it's actually able to put to the ground in the real world thanks to anti-wheelie etc -- without some sort of baseline reference.

The rider pulled off about a 2:09. MotoGP guys are around 1:55, WSBK around 1:57, so that seems like a quick lap to me. Is it just me, or does that thing sound a bit snatchy with off-on throttle transitions?

The rider pulled off about a 2:09. MotoGP guys are around 1:55, WSBK around 1:57, so that seems like a quick lap to me. Is it just me, or does that thing sound a bit snatchy with off-on throttle transitions?

Some riders mentioned that. Supercharger systems and turbo systems can suffer from boost surge, hard to say if Kawasaki has entirely worked it out (because obviously I haven't ridden one). One would suspect that they have, though... the snail is right up against the intake plenum, almost like a roots blower. That open exhaust on the H2R could cause some issues with building boost, too, which could explain a snatchy throttle application below say, 5000 rpm, with the engine hovering on the edge of surging.

Last edited:
[video]https://www.facebook.com/video.php?v=10206266954382604&pnref=story[/video]

You can hear the antiwheelie working at 1:34

Last edited:
That paint-by-the-numbers gimmick with the tach would get old extremely fast for me. Is there a way you can turn it off, so all the numbers are lit all the time?

Kawi has the best tach going on the ZX-10R, they should be putting something like that on there

Meh. The pull over 250 is impressive, but up until that it's just throwing power away to keep the bike from chucking a mental, and I doubt it's any quicker than an everyday liter bike. For the way I ride a bike, it's really not that compelling. The speed at the big end of the straight is wicked, though...

The MCN test notes the ZX10R was quicker around the track. That is pointless however, most non-race riders don't use the highest cornering speeds and just point and shoot on the straights. The ZX10R is for racing, the H2R is for track hoonigans.

The MCN test notes the ZX10R was quicker around the track. That is pointless however, most non-race riders don't use the highest cornering speeds and just point and shoot on the straights. The ZX10R is for racing, the H2R is for track hoonigans.

Except that I don't know any track that would permit it, at a sound level of ... insane... haha Don't get me wrong, I'd love to give it a whirl but it's definitely questionable as anything but a collector's item or a brand mascot. I'm cool with that, too, just saying.

Have you ever raced? If not then shhhhhhhhh

Back
Top Bottom