Riding through a mall to escape | GTAMotorcycle.com

Riding through a mall to escape

How did he get away with helicopter on him?

probably ditched the bike in an underground parking and just walked away

Damn! Going down and escalator and through a mall. This guy has some brass.

The rent a cop kept up with the biker within the mall pretty good it looks like.

Cops called off chase. Said too dangerous.. (or perhaps shift was over, Union says they dont need to work overtime) ;-)

read about it here..

http://www.thestar.com/news/canada/...y-mall-captured-in-dramatic-police-video.html

Read some more.

Owner identified and served with 58 charges amounting to $13,000 in fines.

Motorcycle seized and now the subject of a civil forfeiture order.

http://bc.ctvnews.ca/motorcycle-involved-in-police-chase-through-mall-seized-1.2426751

I was LOLing the whole time and nearly fell off my chair when I saw the security guard trying to catch him off the escalator. LOL

I was LOLing the whole time and nearly fell off my chair when I saw the security guard trying to catch him off the escalator. LOL

The bike's owner was no doubt LOLing when he saw the video footage too. Maybe not so much now that the $13K bill for the day's entertainment has come due, and maybe even less if the civil forfeiture proceeding results in the province becoming the proud new owner of a shiny movie star bike.

Read some more.

Owner identified and served with 58 charges amounting to $13,000 in fines.

Motorcycle seized and now the subject of a civil forfeiture order.

http://bc.ctvnews.ca/motorcycle-involved-in-police-chase-through-mall-seized-1.2426751

Good ole griff2 here is neglecting to mention that this is effectively the police giving up - the "58 charges" are all traffic violations. Had they been able to positively identify & place the rider in the chase, he would almost certainly be facing jail time. The civil forfeiture order is a joke - what could that bike be worth? Actually I don't know HDs from a hole in the ground, so the best I can tell is that is a Dyna and could be worth anything.

To be honest, I'm kinda stunned he got away with it - he was running from a chopper in an urban area in daylight.

I remember a classmate of mine who used to do ride through a school to run from the po po. He's presently a professor now. Goes to show you never know what life will throw your way

Good ole griff2 here is neglecting to mention that this is effectively the police giving up - the "58 charges" are all traffic violations. Had they been able to positively identify & place the rider in the chase, he would almost certainly be facing jail time. The civil forfeiture order is a joke - what could that bike be worth? Actually I don't know HDs from a hole in the ground, so the best I can tell is that is a Dyna and could be worth anything.

To be honest, I'm kinda stunned he got away with it - he was running from a chopper in an urban area in daylight.

Point remains, he may have skated on any criminal charges but he is still getting it up the backside, unless of course you think $13K plus lost bike plus future insurance repercussions plus being known even more to police are something to sneeze at.

Last edited:
It would be a lot more fun shopping at the mall with the wife if I could just be riding my bike at the same time

Point remains, he may have skated on any criminal charges but he is still getting it up the backside, unless of course you think $13K plus lost bike plus future insurance repercussions plus being known even more to police are something to sneeze at.

Just think of it as paying off a $20K drinking spree, or a cheap divorce. They get to think about what they've done as a free person, and no criminal record makes it a heck of a lot easier to remain employed. Heck, maybe they even get to pass around the hat at the HAMC a few times to subsidize the fines, or get the fines reduced on appeal on the basis of financial hardship

Back
Top Bottom