2002 Yamaha FZ1 - 195,000 kilometers - worth keeping on the road? | Page 2 | GTAMotorcycle.com

2002 Yamaha FZ1 - 195,000 kilometers - worth keeping on the road?

If you decide to scrap it I would gladly take it off your hands and leave a case of beer in its place!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
A bike for a case of beer? This doesn't sound like you

Whatevz.

Not even really looking for a street bike but if I could get one for a case of beer I'll take it!

Case of beer and bag of Cool Ranch Doritos. Dibs!

I'm guessing that bike is worth more than people estimate

Yep. Dinner would be a necessity added with all their lists. Cheap bastards :lmao:
There should be a thread called Cheap bastards

Ha ha - good thing I checked this thread again :)

Couldn't do the cruiser route - I tried but just didn't feel right. However, there was a nice little 2011 FZ-6 - with low, low kms - 2011 - beautiful burnt orange colour - Corbin seat - and dealer would let it go within my budget - SO!

Once again the heart overules the head - still fits my criteria for downsizing and I'm not a very big person, so maybe I won't drop this one right, left and center :)

As for the kind souls who want to take the FZ1 off my hands - actually this is an option - dinner not necessary. This bike is kind of a rat bike, but if someone wants to haul it away and do whatever with it - they are welcome to boogie down to Hamilton and take a look at it. I really feel the bike is not roadworthy right now - I'm not sure what can be parted from it, actually I suspect the engine is the strongest part of the bike, the body is pretty sorry.

If I were good at body work, I might want to have fun with this bike as a project bike - when there's nothing to lose, the options are unlimited - strip it down and make it a muscle bike - or run it into the ground at the track.

It would save me having to scrap it - just be prepared for me to throw myself on the bike and cry a little - we've had 160,000 together - ridden through dust storms in the deserts of New Mexico - navigated mountain passes in the Rockies in Colorado - set a record for being the slowest bike on the Dragon :)

Its been a damn good bike - would love to see someone able to still get some use from it - even if for parts or project bike. I don't want to sell it.

If you are serious I would gladly take it off your hands. I like projects and it sounds like something I could tinker with.

Talk with inreb. He's down your area. I heard he's single

My offer stands, even if you don't want dinner....

If the rims, front end, and other bits are good, I was looking at swapping them onto my 85 FZ750....

I have a buddy in Hamilton, he can swing by with his trailer, if and when you are ready to let it go..

Can you possibly post a picture of the bike ? I know they are all over the net, but not of yours....

Ha ha - good thing I checked this thread again :)

Couldn't do the cruiser route - I tried but just didn't feel right. However, there was a nice little 2011 FZ-6 - with low, low kms - 2011 - beautiful burnt orange colour - Corbin seat - and dealer would let it go within my budget - SO!

Once again the heart overules the head - still fits my criteria for downsizing and I'm not a very big person, so maybe I won't drop this one right, left and center :)

As for the kind souls who want to take the FZ1 off my hands - actually this is an option - dinner not necessary. This bike is kind of a rat bike, but if someone wants to haul it away and do whatever with it - they are welcome to boogie down to Hamilton and take a look at it. I really feel the bike is not roadworthy right now - I'm not sure what can be parted from it, actually I suspect the engine is the strongest part of the bike, the body is pretty sorry.

If I were good at body work, I might want to have fun with this bike as a project bike - when there's nothing to lose, the options are unlimited - strip it down and make it a muscle bike - or run it into the ground at the track.

It would save me having to scrap it - just be prepared for me to throw myself on the bike and cry a little - we've had 160,000 together - ridden through dust storms in the deserts of New Mexico - navigated mountain passes in the Rockies in Colorado - set a record for being the slowest bike on the Dragon :)

Its been a damn good bike - would love to see someone able to still get some use from it - even if for parts or project bike. I don't want to sell it.
I would love to have that bike to play around with. I would even pay for it if you are ready to scrap it. If you don't want money I can owe you a favor whenever you need something.

2 cases of beer and a nice bottle of wine.....

looking for a parts bike, to upgrade my FZ750, yours would probably do it for me....

he gives out nice ice wine. I'd go for him...I think he is rich too!

Back
Top Bottom