Will companies give a quote if I don't own a bike yet? | GTAMotorcycle.com

Will companies give a quote if I don't own a bike yet?

Snorlex

I'm 23, want a 2012 CB600RRR. M2 since last August. Should be over 5 years with a G2. Going for SF as soon as I get my G this coming month. Want to see if I can afford the insurance first before I buy the bike.

I'm 23, want a 2012 CB600RRR. M2 since last August. Should be over 5 years with a G2. Going for SF as soon as I get my G this coming month. Want to see if I can afford the insurance first before I buy the bike.
Yup. Might be spensive but yes they will

all companies should give you a quote without owning a bike, I called around before i even got my m1 to know if i would be able to afford the hobby

Call SF and get a quote today. Ask them to quote as if you've had your Gx for 5 years because you're getting it soon.

You're going to want to know before you buy that bike, because it's going to be hella expensive.

I got a reasonable quote from the company that carries my car insurance(Zenith). After I bought my bike, the broker started waffling and hedging about actually honoring his quote and selling me the policy. While he was busy getting his manager's permission, I closed a deal with MM. I'm still miffed about that one.

I initially got a few quotes before I even had a license, as I wanted to know what riding would actually cost me. At first they might complain and say they can't, but if you tell them "What if I got my M1 this day, M2 this day, and bought bike x?" they can typically run the numbers.

Better still if you can give them an actual VIN number so they can directly look up a bike in their database (I did that one too when I wanted my current bike -- took a pic of one on the demo day).

Back
Top Bottom