pothole | GTAMotorcycle.com

pothole

gabika

hit a huge pothole, luckily i managed to get the front wheel over it, but the rear hit it hard.
the rim is damaged and from the impact the fotpeg snapped off.
what can i do?
the damage is at least 2G.

Dam! Where is this said pothole located...Put an APB(BOLO) on this. Since the weather has been getting better I've been watching the roads my whole commute to work and back. Looking out for cracks,holes etc...

Dam! Where is this said pothole located...Put an APB(BOLO) on this. Since the weather has been getting better I've been watching the roads my whole commute to work and back. Looking out for cracks,holes etc...

Brampton/Caledon border. Mayfield rd just west of Creditview.
No signs, no pylons just a little bump front of it, so you wont be able to see it until its too late.
there is a speed limit sign tho, 60km/h.
i was keeping the 60, probably thats why i did not fly.
its really, i mean really deep. right in the middle of the lane.

hit a huge pothole, luckily i managed to get the front wheel over it, but the rear hit it hard.
the rim is damaged and from the impact the fotpeg snapped off.
what can i do?
the damage is at least 2G.

Most municipalities have a program that you can send a claim for damages resulting from potholes. Only problem is that it is extremeley difficult to get money from the municipality because you have to show that they knew about the pothole but took their sweet time to either repair or or if not repair place a warning barrier around it to prevent vehicles from entering it.

Contact the regional government and inform them that a pot hole caused the damage to your bike and you wish to be compensated for the damages. If you live in the region you can say that you pay taxes in that region to strengthen your case.

Happened to a co-worker of mine's sports car - damaged the wheel and suspension. City paid for it all.

Most municipalities have a program that you can send a claim for damages resulting from potholes. Only problem is that it is extremeley difficult to get money from the municipality because you have to show that they knew about the pothole but took their sweet time to either repair or or if not repair place a warning barrier around it to prevent vehicles from entering it.

I called in that pothole on the 11th- it was a nasty one!
Looks like he might have a case against the city! SUBMIT A CLAIM! If they try and deny that they knew about it you have DanteGuelph as your witness!

DanteGuelph: If you could take a screenshot of your outgoing call log on your phone that you used to make the call, just in case it might be needed in the future :D

thats really unfortunate!
as everyone says, put a claim in with your municipality, if they reject it, re-appeal with a stronger case.

They have a duty to keep the roads safe, its what our taxes go towards (some of it anyways)

It will be another month at least Id say before any council worker is out repairing roads!

It's been one of the coldest winters on record and only a matter of days since crews were even able to start fixing thousands of potholes.
This is not the best time of year to ride, between potholes, road crud, cold asphalt, low sun at rush hour and drivers not used to bikes yet.

Here's a screen shot of the call
93f9de78e86b552bd8f71a25b2249b1e.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

pothole makes footpeg snap off... how?
I stud up on the bike and pulled the front up. The rear wheel ended up in the hole.
Probably the impact and my weight on the pegs just couldn't resist.
My brake pedal is hanging by the rod only.
Its nasty.

We get some serious ones here in tropical Australia as the rain comes down with such force it just drills into and expands any crack or defect and like the OP there is no warning leading up to it....just a hole in otherwise smooth pavement.

One reason I like the KLR...tends to ignore most ...

r0_0_1654_1239_w1200_h678_fmax.jpg

of course then there is the Ukraine..

picture-111.jpg

A Ukranian driver already having a bad day – having taken a wrong turn onto a highway – found it getting a lot worse when he gingerly crept over a water-filled pothole, only to discover it was a 12-foot deep crater…

The driver had to smash his rear window and scramble out to the top to avoid a muddy end, before waiting for workmen to come and rescue his car.

Good reaction OP _ getting the front wheel up ....could have been a few broken bits of you.
Sic em.

Last edited:
i thought I share the update with u guys.
The fixing cost is $1520. Including a new rim and tire and a footrest.
Plus some extra from renting a trailer 2x, plus my time and gas.
So if Everthing goes well I will receive a check next week from the construction company.
I will post the full story and the amount once I picked up the check.

Back
Top Bottom