Google Auto Insurance | Page 6 | GTAMotorcycle.com

Google Auto Insurance

Beer Store makes 700 milion a year so what are you talking about???? There's an example of government run business if you think government insurance would be cheaper think again. It might be on face value but your taxes will be making it up on the other side

The Beer store is not a government run business. It is a private company owned by the major beer companies, which has a monopoly, similar to Rogers, Bell etc.
Sorry, but this free-market private-model-of-insurance-is-better idea is just ignorant. We pay the highest rates in Canada, and >$6B floods out of Ontario in insurance profits.

The Beer store is not a government run business. It is a private company owned by the major beer companies, which has a monopoly, similar to Rogers, Bell etc.
Sorry, but this free-market private-model-of-insurance-is-better idea is just ignorant. We pay the highest rates in Canada, and >$6B floods out of Ontario in insurance profits.

Interesting....I did not know that the beer store wasn't government owned...it appears only 13 percent of people asked even know that...So why the hell arent other private companies allowed to sell beer. That's insane. The government does regulate the pricing I believe and obviously makes huge taxes from the sales...Where do you see 6 billion in profit and where is it going? The rates in ontario are high for a reason not just because. Nothing government is cheaper. Just look at the ICBC that has been supplementing with tax dollars.

even if 99 percent of people obeyed the multiple bike rule the 1 percent who would let people ride would ruin it for everyone else. Like street racing morons brought the rest of us the stunting and 50 over law.
Im deep in the game for many years, owner,President, hand model for insurance brochures....And no I don't get insurance discounts even then.

I see what you're saying about third party liability still having to pay out. Ok, so that's fine, I'd be alright paying the liability cost on each vehicle (it still sucks, but for the sake of argument, let's say I'm fine with it). Why am I paying accident benefits on all my vehicles? If some dumbass rides his buddy's restrictively-insured bike, and gets in an accident, he should be billed for the medical. I get that the third party shouldn't suffer, but this guy would know what he's getting into.

Then, after the incident, the insurance co. can promptly drop and red-flag the insured.

I see what you're saying about third party liability still having to pay out. Ok, so that's fine, I'd be alright paying the liability cost on each vehicle (it still sucks, but for the sake of argument, let's say I'm fine with it). Why am I paying accident benefits on all my vehicles? If some dumbass rides his buddy's restrictively-insured bike, and gets in an accident, he should be billed for the medical. I get that the third party shouldn't suffer, but this guy would know what he's getting into.

Then, after the incident, the insurance co. can promptly drop and red-flag the insured.

drop and red flag after they are on the hook for hundreds of thousands or millions of dollars?

The question I have then , was the KPMG report done independtly or were they hired by the insurance companies.

It wouldn't matter because they're an independent party. Deloitte, PWC, KPMG, etc are hired for these kinds of things all the time.

Now, who and how that information is presented to the mass media...well, that's another story.

The profile of one of the researchers to the study:

FRED LAZARCITIZENSHIP: Canadian
ADDRESS:
Office: York University
Schulich School of Business
N205J Schulich Building
4700 Keele Street
North York, Ontario
M3J 1P3
(416) 736-5068
e-mail: flazar@yorku.ca or fred_lazar@post.harvard.edu
DEGREES: B. COMM. University of Toronto (1969)
(Woodrow Wilson Fellow, 1969)
A.M. Harvard University (1972)
PH. D. Harvard University (1978 )
CURRENT POSITIONS: Associate Professor, Department of Economics, Faculty of Liberal Arts and Professional Studies, and Schulich School of Business
(past: Director of the Graduate Program in Economics; Coordinator, Economics Area, Schulich)
PROFESSIONAL ACTIVITIES:
National Post Board of Economists, 1998-2003
Advisor, Regco Airlines (predecessor to Porter Airlines), 1999-04
Director, Strategic Nova Growth Fund – Ontario labour-sponsored venture fund, 2001-04
Member, Government of Ontario Expert Panel on Water and Wastewater, 2004-05
Advisor, CEO of Air Canada, 2004-06
Member of Advisory Board, McMaster University RFID Applications Lab, 2007-
Advisor, Nishnawbe Aski Nation, 2007-2013
Member of Independent Review Committee, Connor, Clark & Lunn Financial Group, 2008-
Board of Advisors, Focused Global Trend Funds, Clark & Lunn Financial Group, 2008-11
Board of Advisors, Financial Opportunities Fund, Clark & Lunn Financial Group, 2011-
Board of Advisors, Athena Aviation Consultants, 2010-2012
Executive Advisor, Aviado Partners, 2012-
Director, Canadian First Financial Holding Company, 2010-
Director, Canadian First Capital, 2012-
JOURNALISM ACTIVITIES
Regular contributor, Globe and Mail Report on Business (1978-1982)
National Post Board of Economists (1998-2003)
Blogger, Global Brief (2009-2012)
PUBLICATIONS:
(i) Life-Time:
Books (authored): 12
Chapters in books: 24
Articles in refereed journals: 20
Articles in refereed conference proceedings: 6
Conference presentations: 80+
Other: Regular contributor to Canada Watch, 1993-94 (publication of York University Centre for Public Law and Public Policy and the Robarts Centre for Canadian Studies); C. D. Howe Commentary (2003); CIAA Behind the Headlines; Regular blog for Global Brief
(ii) Books, Monographs (only):
Issues in Canadian Economic Policy (Toronto, Butterworths, 1973), with Arthur Donner and Mel Kliman
The Impact of the 1976 Income Tax Act Amendments on U.S. and Canadian Broadcasters (Ottawa, Department of Communications, 1979), with Arthur Donner
An Analysis of the Practice of Public Accounting in Ontario (Toronto, Government of Ontario, 1979), with Marc Sievers and Dan Thornton
The New Protectionism: Non-Tariff Barriers and Their Effects on Canada (Toronto, Lorimer, 1981)
Deregulation of the Canadian Airline Industry (Toronto, Key-Porter, 1984)
Hours of Work and Overtime: U.S. Experience and Policies, Research Report (Toronto, Ontario Task Force on Hours of Work and Overtime, 1987)
Trucking Industry and the Worktime Provisions of Ontario's Employment Standards Act, Research Report (Toronto, Ontario Task Force on Hours of Work and Overtime, 1987)
Free to Move, Strengthening the Canadian Economic Union, (Toronto, C. D. Howe Institute, 1992) with David Brown and Daniel Schwanen
Unemployment Insurance: How to Make it Work, (Toronto, C.D. Howe Institute, 1994) with Christopher Green, Miles Corak and Dominique Gross
How Ottawa Rewards Mediocrity (Toronto, U. of T. Press, 1996)
Turbulence in the Skies, C.D Howe Institute Commentary (April 2003)
Watertight: The case for change in Ontario’s water and wastewater sector, Report of the Water Strategy Expert Panel (Publications Ontario, 2005) with Harry Swain and Jim Pine
Economics for Management, online textbook for MBA course
(iii) Past 7 Years:
Books, monographs:
“Watertight: The case for change in Ontario’s water and wastewater sector”, Report of the Water Strategy Expert Panel (Publications Ontario, 2005) with Harry Swain and Jim Pine
“Economics for Management” (Schulich, online, 2011)
Refereed Journals:
“Constructing Historical Yield Curves from Very Spars and Examples from the 1920s Canadian Market,” Journal of Business Valuation and Economic Loss Analysis (forthcoming 2012) (with Eli Prisman)
“Multilateral Trade Agreements for Civil Aviation”, 379-400, Air and Space Law (November 2011)
Other:
“Turbulence in the Skies”, C.D Howe Institute Commentary (April 2003) – refereed
“A Vital Industry in Search of New Policies: Canadian Air Transport”, Canadian Institute of International Affairs, Behind the Headlines, March 2004
Research reports:
“Calculating the Cost of Capital for Local Electricity Distribution Companies in Ontario”, June 2006 (co-authored with Professor Eli Prisman)
“Return on Equity: Is Transmission More or Less Risky than Distribution”, prepared for the Ontario Energy Board, February 2007 (co-authored with Professor Eli Prisman)
“The economic Impacts of the Member Airlines of the National Airlines Council of Canada”, September 2010, updated January 2013
“The case for Eliminating the Government of Ontario Tax on Aviation Fuel for International Flights”, December 2010, updated March 2013
EXPERT WITNESS:
Air Canada (1984 deregulation hearings before the CTC)
Australian Airlines (Defendant in Supreme Court case questioning constitutionality of regulation of airline industry in Australia, 1986-87)
Peat Marwick (Defendant in Standard Trust case, 1993, 94)
Air Ontario MEC (Seniority list merger arbitration, 1994)
Canadian Cable Television Association (Copyright Tribunal, 1994-95)
Canadian Air Line Pilots Association (CLRB, 1996-99)
Canadian Cable Television Association (Copyright Tribunal, 2002-03)
Air Canada (Canadian Transportation Agency – Access for passengers with disabilities, 2005-06)
Ontario Energy Board (2006-07)
“Calculating the Cost of Capital for Local Electricity Distribution Companies in Ontario”, June 2006 (co-authored with Professor Eli Prisman)
“Return on Equity: Is Transmission More or Less Risky than Distribution”, prepared for the Ontario Energy Board, February 2007 (co-authored with Professor Eli Prisman)
Department of Justice, Canada – Alderville Indian Band et Al vs. HMQ et al (“Assessing the Financial Value of Harvesting Rights Surrendered in the Williams Treaties” with Eli Prisman), 2009-
Attorney General, Ontario – Mishkegogamang First Nation v. Canada and Ontario (“Estimating Economic Losses” with Eli Prisman), 2011-2012
Financial Services Commission of Ontario – Calculating the Return on Equity for Automobile Insurance Companies in Ontario (co-authored with Eli Prisman), 2012-13
RESEARCH REPORTS FOR INSTITUTIONAL CLIENTS (Through Commission Direct)
Newcourt Credit: A Valuation (1998)
Bank Mergers: The Prospects (1998)
Bombardier: Is it Overvalued? (1999)
Consolidation of Canadian Mutual Fund Companies (1999)
Celestica (2000)
BCE: Life after Nortel (2000)
PROFESSIONAL CONSULTING ACTIVITIES (40 years)
Clients:
Federal Government
Prices and Incomes Commission
Committee on Youth
Secretary of State
Department of Industry, Trade and Commerce
Department of Communications
Heritage Canada
Department of Transportation
Department of Employment and Immigration
Department of Human Resource Development
Department of Canadian Heritage
Department of Energy, Mines and Resources
Minister of Transportation
Minister of Industry, Trade and Commerce
Prime Minister's Office
Science Council of Canada
Economic Council of Canada
Liberal Party Platform Committee
Canada Transport Act Review Panel
Government of Ontario
Ministry of Industry, Trade and Technology
Ministry of Finance
Ministry of Education and Training
Ministry of Transportation
Ontario Royal Commission on the Status of Pensions
Service Sector Task Force
Task Force on Hours of Work and Overtime
Fair Tax Commission
Ministry of Energy and Environment
Ministry of Energy, Science and Technology
Early Childhood Development Task Force
Ministry of Public Infrastructure Renewal
Ontario Energy Board
Private
Air Canada
ACE Aviation
Air Canada Technical Services
Air Canada Groundhandling Services
Air Canada Cargo
Australian Airlines
IBM
Tungavik Federation of Nunavet
National Association of Canadian Credit Unions
Canadian Cable Television Association
Research Securities
Arctic Gas Pipeline Consortium
Philip Utilities Management Corporation
Union Gas
Denbridge Capital
Canadian Record Industry Association
Equity Link
Credit Union Central of Ontario
Shaw Cable
Maxlink
Commission Direct
Macquarie North America
Regional Airlines Holding Company
Vector Innovations
Lanux
Medway Capital
Kids Futures
OI Group of Companies
Air Transportation Association of Canada
Lufthansa Consulting
Nishnawbe Aski Nation
Six Nations of the Grand River
Chiefs of Ontario

vs.

Anonymous & biased author of "canadianunderwriter.ca"

Recognize the information when you see it, for the very least.

Last edited:
The profile of one of the researchers to the study:

vs.

Anonymous & biased author of "canadianunderwriter.ca"

Recognize the information when you see it, for the very least.

did you read the article it isn't anonymous and it shows the data they didn't include ...consulting and teaching generally mean you like spouting your opinion but never actually achieving anything solid..invent something ,Build or run a company

Last edited:
did you read the article it isn't anonymous and it shows the data they didn't include ...consulting and teaching generally mean you like spouting your opinion but never actually achieving anything solid..invent something ,Build or run a company

Am I getting confused again or are you seriously trying to discredit a PhD from Harvard, who is an adviser to Canadian Government?

"The cost of education is high, but what about the cost of ignorance?"
:rolleyes:

Am I getting confused again or are you seriously trying to discredit a PhD from Harvard, who is an adviser to Canadian Government?

"The cost of education is high, but what about the cost of ignorance?"
:rolleyes:

Yes I am. The credentials mean nothing when you are a professional, student, advisor,consultant. Believe me I know a few Harvard grads who aren't so thrilling too. His resume includes zero accomplishments that aren't academic or advisory and his insurance study omitted pertinent information.
Remember gates, jobs, Branson, kirkorian, pinault,Einstein etc etc...are all drop outs so don't be impressed so much by a PhD especially one that has done nothng in the real world

Last edited:
Remember gates, jobs, Branson, kirkorian, pinault,Einstein etc etc...are all drop outs so don't be impressed so much by a PhD especially one that has done nothng in the real world

I'm not going to get in the above discussion, but heck that was well said.

Back
Top Bottom