New Low for Robbers? | GTAMotorcycle.com

New Low for Robbers?

j2

I cut the cord years ago but my Mother in Law still has Basic Cable.

I was paying a few bills for her and noticed Rogers now charge you 2% for the privilege of getting a paper bill.

Thats 5% on top of a $40 basic cable subscription. I though that was a bit much.

I called to complain and was told that the only way top remove it was to go Paperless. She's in her 70's and has never touched a PC or Tablet in her life. WTF!!!!

The only thing she watches is CTV, City, Global, TVO and PBS from Buffalo. I'll just pick her up a HD Antenna as I think she can get all of these on that. She might as well have the $40 in her pocket.

Well documented problem in Canada ... every company charges you for paper bill nowadays including the wealthy banks.

They were all told to end the gouging (and give up the millions), especially for the elderly ... http://globalnews.ca/news/1534139/n...s-for-getting-monthly-telecom-bills-on-paper/

But as always, Harper's team is busy with terror fear-mongering, instead of passing the handy and actually rather useful laws. But you know when that happens they will all slip the 2$ in the all-in price .... so it what it is. The only solution really is to cut her off-the cable.

That's been going on for ages. I switched my parent off paper and just get the notifications sent to another party.

If I ever switch to paperless, I would expect a $2 credit
Sent from my Nokia Lumia 625 Windows Phone using Tapatalk

Computers should be for recreational purposes only. I roo the day I HAVE to have a computer. I don't have any pay stubs from my last job because email broken.

Computers should be for recreational purposes only. I roo the day I HAVE to have a computer. I don't have any pay stubs from my last job because email broken.

Don't have a kid in school? They have a lot going that way.

Don't have a kid in school? They have a lot going that way.

I don't understand, are you saying a lot of kids in school are rejecting computers?

I cut the cord years ago but my Mother in Law still has Basic Cable.

I was paying a few bills for her and noticed Rogers now charge you 2% for the privilege of getting a paper bill.

Thats 5% on top of a $40 basic cable subscription. I though that was a bit much.

I called to complain and was told that the only way top remove it was to go Paperless. She's in her 70's and has never touched a PC or Tablet in her life. WTF!!!!

The only thing she watches is CTV, City, Global, TVO and PBS from Buffalo. I'll just pick her up a HD Antenna as I think she can get all of these on that. She might as well have the $40 in her pocket.

You may want to check with the CRTC, I believe the new rules don't allow them to charge for paper bills anymore.

I don't understand, are you saying a lot of kids in school are rejecting computers?

The opposite. You almost HAVE to have a computer and all the extras. The school wants reports printed out or electronically a lot more.

The opposite. You almost HAVE to have a computer and all the extras. The school wants reports printed out or electronically a lot more.

Yes, that was my understanding. I was just wondering if you were saying some students reject computers despite the requirement. That would be suicide, I'd guess.

Same. I cut Rogers cable years ago and bought a cheap antenna at Factory Direct and installed it in my attic. I pickup the same basic cable channels but in HD.

Well documented problem in Canada ... every company charges you for paper bill nowadays including the wealthy banks.

They were all told to end the gouging (and give up the millions), especially for the elderly ... http://globalnews.ca/news/1534139/n...s-for-getting-monthly-telecom-bills-on-paper/

But as always, Harper's team is busy with terror fear-mongering, instead of passing the handy and actually rather useful laws. But you know when that happens they will all slip the 2$ in the all-in price .... so it what it is. The only solution really is to cut her off-the cable.

Wow. I am living so off the grid, I didn't even know this was happening.

I don't have Cable or IPTV or Home Phone and my company pays directly for wireless and internet.

There are options, but are not for everyone. Want channels I cannot have over the air, and I tried the free IPTV and found it sketchy and low quality.

But everyone should explore it, that's for sure.

Zazeen? VMEDIA?

what exactly does "roo" mean? lol

What's cable? I have a cheap antenna and get channels 4,5,7,9,11,17,19,23,25,29,36,41,47,49,57 and sometimes 2.

Back
Top Bottom