Headsets that work with scala? | GTAMotorcycle.com

Headsets that work with scala?

deejizzle

Hey guys I remember seeing wireless headsets that will communicate with scalas... but I can't seem to find them. Basically looking for a communicator for my riding mates when we go off and do our big trip this summer. I figure wireless communication would help make the ride better in terms of safety or what not. the 2 buddies looking for them aren't quite down with the Scala price point (although I believe they are great value and work very well). Thanks to whoever can help me out. Extra high-five for someone who can also provide a local retailer or a link to a Canadian distributor (preferably). Either local to Mississauga or London

I'd tend to look for used Scala as all will communicate with each other tho not at the range of the current ones.

This is a decent deal

http://www.kijiji.ca/v-cars-other/o...on/1017088050?enableSearchNavigationFlag=true

My Q2s are still going after 4 years.

some more here

http://www.kijiji.ca/b-ontario/scala-rider/k0l9004

You are very correct about safety and far easier to coordinate instead of hand signals.

We found putting nagivator at the back worked well telling the lead rider where and when to turn.
Lead rider keeps navigator informed of road issues....splits the load a bit.

Last edited:
any headset will work if you can fit it in your helmet same time as you ride.

UCLEAR will connect to any headset. Not sure about local retailers though.

Ummmm... by Bluetooth only, which has an effective range of about 20 feet.

Sell the scala and get sena's.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Sena can universally pair with 1 headset of another brand, or around 4 of the same. Not sure what Scala units can do, and it is likely model specific.

Sell the scala and get sena's.

The Sena's ain't perfect either...see the thread on the 20s meltdown.

Those Scala G2 sets are best approach for on a budget.

My understanding of the Sena to other makes is it's very short range. The Scala work together regardless of the model year.
The limit may be how many riders - the OP can likely talk to several but the G2 I think the limit is 3 riders.

Scalas have their issues and we did not opt for the G9s but the original scalas are now cheap and they work.
Everything else is a crap shoot if he already has a Scala.

Last edited:
The Sena's ain't perfect either...see the thread on the 20s meltdown.

Those Scala G2 sets are best approach for on a budget.

My understanding of the Sena to other makes is it's very short range. The Scala work together regardless of the model year.
The limit may be how many riders - the OP can likely talk to several but the G2 I think the limit is 3 riders.

Scalas have their issues and we did not opt for the G9s but the original scalas are now cheap and they work.
Everything else is a crap shoot if he already has a Scala.

I've been able to get 2-3 city blocks away with my Sena SMH10, and potentially a bit more out in the open. Like all headset options, once you lose line of sight it is largely up to what objects are in your way (and what they are made of). That said I do think the budget SMH5 did have a shorter range, and could only pair with up to 2 units (so you and 1 other rider). All the others do 4 or more.

All Senas will work together too, and the main reason I like them vs Cardo/Scala is Sena keeps adding new features to their entire range via firmware updates, vs the usual approach of "add universal intercom; only put it on the newest model to force upgrades".

The only big issue with the other Sena's was if you kept taking it on and off the helmet, eventually you would probably damage the unit's pins. I've never taken mine off once since I bought it, so no issues there.

I've been able to get 2-3 city blocks away with my Sena SMH10, and potentially a bit more out in the open. Like all headset options, once you lose line of sight it is largely up to what objects are in your way (and what they are made of). That said I do think the budget SMH5 did have a shorter range, and could only pair with up to 2 units (so you and 1 other rider). All the others do 4 or more.

All Senas will work together too, and the main reason I like them vs Cardo/Scala is Sena keeps adding new features to their entire range via firmware updates, vs the usual approach of "add universal intercom; only put it on the newest model to force upgrades".

The only big issue with the other Sena's was if you kept taking it on and off the helmet, eventually you would probably damage the unit's pins. I've never taken mine off once since I bought it, so no issues there.

I damaged my pin and they send me an updated unit with reinforced pin. Return was an easy affair.
Scala cost me a bike and a trip after missing a call when it died from a little downpour.

I pair my Sena SMH10 to a Bluetooth speaker (jabra) in the car while still paired with 2 other headset, pairing with universal Bluetooth will be limited range but it works well for what I need it for.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yeah scalas don't like any moisture....forget to put the sealer plug in and it rains....you'll usually lose a channel. :(

The Sena 20S will communicate with most Scala Riders. I have the Scala G4 and the Sena 20S. My father has the Scala G9 and all 3 units communicate together. My opinion is the Sena 20S has way better sound quality than the Scala Rider. The cheapest place I have seen them (and where I bought both of my sets) is Radio World. They are located on Steeles Ave just East of Hwy 400 on the south side of Steeles. The website is radioworld.ca.

Hope this helps

I have Scala Rider Q1 Team Set and it worked perfectly, the problem now is that I've lost one set and looking to something that would pair with Q1, but one set costs almost like the team set, anything cheap out there that would work with Scala Q1? I dont need to use it constantly, only when I 2 up with my wife. Any help would be appreciated.

I have Scala Rider Q1 Team Set and it worked perfectly, the problem now is that I've lost one set and looking to something that would pair with Q1, but one set costs almost like the team set, anything cheap out there that would work with Scala Q1? I dont need to use it constantly, only when I 2 up with my wife. Any help would be appreciated.

If you are just doing 1to1 you can use any wireless communicator, does not need to be scala.

Deejizzle, could you be more specific?

I've also found Scala Rider Q2 for 70$, will meet with the guy and test it out if I could pair it with Q1, hopefully that would work.

with scala (and prob sena) you can have group talks ( as long as everyone has a scala). For my tour this june, i made sure my buddies are riding with scalas. We can have group talks, etc. Makes communicating easier between 3 people instead of having to call a specific person.

Back
Top Bottom