Don't understand gas prices - still seems too high | GTAMotorcycle.com

Don't understand gas prices - still seems too high

LiNK666

So when we were around $90 to $100 of oil the price of gas was around $1.30 to $1.40. When it dropped to $46 gas prices hovered around $0.80. It's around $50 right now and gas is around $1.04.

Does anyone else think they are charging more because they can???

LOL .... you are kidding, right?

There's nothing to "understand" because it's a complete speculation, obfuscation .... this is not about what their costs are, what the true demand and supplies are ... like in normal honest business.

They all simply "agree" on a pump price in a given region and this is what it is. Don't try to find some sort of logical reason for anything regarding oil ... there's nothing logical about it, except for the fact, that one day it will run out ... but you and me will be long time elsewhere on another "planet".

Got to love Capitalism! Ask the industry they will give you a dozen reasons to validate the price being charged.

Last time I checked, it was high winds around the refineries in North America .... LOL

It's funny, in Canada we accept things and take it up the ***. In U.S. there would have been mass riots and cities set on fire...

Funny, I like Canada better. I mean more.

LOL .... you are kidding, right?

There's nothing to "understand" because it's a complete speculation, obfuscation .... this is not about what their costs are, what the true demand and supplies are ... like in normal honest business.

They all simply "agree" on a pump price in a given region and this is what it is. Don't try to find some sort of logical reason for anything regarding oil ... there's nothing logical about it, except for the fact, that one day it will run out ... but you and me will be long time elsewhere on another "planet".

Sounds almost like "Insurance Rates" except those will never run out....LOL

Last edited:
Last time I checked, it was high winds around the refineries in North America .... LOL

I thought it was because some Sheikh farted somewhere...he farts ... price goes up... that's as much logic as there is to figure out oil prices.

It's interesting that when the price of oil went down they complained about how the economy of Alberta will go into a slump yada yada. Truth is the government has a cut in this

Sounds almost like "Insurance Rates" except those will never run out....LOL

Yep, the same category of gouging and reasoning. It will only "run" out when someone will have the political courage to do that and will blow the door fully open ... until then nothing will happen. Even if they shut down all the crookery involved in claims the money will end up in the pocket of insurance company, not yours or mine ... it's a bullet proof concept, supported by law.

It's interesting that when the price of oil went down they complained about how the economy of Alberta will go into a slump yada yada. Truth is the government has a cut in this

They do have a cut in it, but they are still going down right now ... Alberta's figures are not looking great right now .... they will be cutting expenses left and right ... until the price rebounds. And it will, just nobody will tell you when.

Back
Top Bottom