Car stopped on a blind corner | Page 2 | GTAMotorcycle.com

Car stopped on a blind corner

....And instincts don't play into it. Human instincts are for dealing with tripping when walking, potentially drowning in water and/or medium sized predatory animals. They don't deal with motorcycle operation. You, the operator, need to make a decision and perform an action with minimal hesitation. ....

That's where experience comes into play. Muscle memory almost. That's something that comes into play when it's suggested that newbs buy a less powerful bike.

I think it was a Spyder. One of those silly Can Am things.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Spyder cannot go this quickly in turns .... Try to follow one one day, you will shake your head in disbelief how unstable that thing is over 50km/h in turns. It's inherently wrong three wheel design.

Spyder cannot go this quickly in turns .... Try to follow one one day, you will shake your head in disbelief how unstable that thing is over 50km/h in turns. It's inherently wrong three wheel design.

It has more to do with the wheelbase and weight distribution, not the fact that it is a 3 wheeler.

Red_Campagna_T-Rex_in_New_York_left_rear.jpg

For instance, you can rip around corners as fast enough that the tires will lose traction before you're in any danger of flipping.

Although most 3-wheel designs are shiet:

[video=youtube;QQh56geU0X8]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QQh56geU0X8[/video]

Hate to say it, but a blind man could see the the two ****tards are the ones being criminally negligent here. They own the road or something? If you outride your sightline, you deserve everything that's coming to you. ****ing entitlement philosophy people have makes me sick; if you don't like the perils that come with your own actions, then a solution really isn't that hard to figure out.

I can't help but think about the Quebec duck lady case.

I think it would depend on why the car was stopped in the middle of the road? If it broke down and just happened to be in that spot then I would not assign any fault to the driver. If it was a conscious decision to stop there (ie, driver got lost, stopped to look at map) then I think they are partially responsible.

I can't help but think about the Quebec duck lady case.

I think it would depend on why the car was stopped in the middle of the road? If it broke down and just happened to be in that spot then I would not assign any fault to the driver. If it was a conscious decision to stop there (ie, driver got lost, stopped to look at map) then I think they are partially responsible.

I don't totally disagree; I'm just saying that the reason of the car stopped sure doesn't help the guy racing like an ******* down the road. I just can't fathom why anyone, especially on a motorcycle would ride blindly into anything at speed. Interestingly in contrast to the duck lady, I remember meeting a guy years ago who crested a hill in his tractor trailer only to find a line up of stopped traffic. Killed some, injured many. I sure don't remember any of the car owners sharing responsibility on that one, but he got sued into the next century.

Sightlines in a blind corner...not sure i understand

Basic riding/driving 101.....if you cannot stop with the distance you have visible in front of you, you're pretty much rolling the dice. If they were doing something remotely close to intelligent, they would have ample time to stop or swerve safely.

Reminds me of the time I went around a blind corner and came face - to - blade with a tractor on the wrong shoulder pulling what looked like a mass medieval torture / killing device.

Why people travel near their "street" limits on public roads, especially in farm country, I can't understand.
There's a place for that sort of thing I think. It's called a trick, no truck, no track; yeah that's it it's called a track.

I've seen a person from here pass on a corner between two cars going in opposite directions. Taking that risk boggles my mind.

Maybe it's an addiction to risk taking, i don't know.

As for the video, who was the guy taking the video yelling at? If it was the car, then the car had to be moving.

Reliant Robin?

Perhaps the bike was going fast enough to make the car look like he was standing still.
[video=youtube;x-Blm6gh0Gs]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x-Blm6gh0Gs[/video]

I don't totally disagree; I'm just saying that the reason of the car stopped sure doesn't help the guy racing like an ******* down the road. I just can't fathom why anyone, especially on a motorcycle would ride blindly into anything at speed. Interestingly in contrast to the duck lady, I remember meeting a guy years ago who crested a hill in his tractor trailer only to find a line up of stopped traffic. Killed some, injured many. I sure don't remember any of the car owners sharing responsibility on that one, but he got sued into the next century.

Again, it all goes back to why those cars were stopped in the road. Gravel/debris falling off a truck in a corner is a lot different than someone shoveling gravel out into the road because they're sick of bikers.

If my memory still works this is kinda what Tort law is all about, its about what is reasonable. Would a reasonable person stop in the middle of the road? Would a reasonable person understand that stopping in the middle of the road poses a danger to others and pull onto the shoulder instead? It's a bit subjective but everyone likes to blame the rider and Atom driver exclusively but I don't think it's fair to assign them all of the blame. Some yes, not all.

Again, it all goes back to why those cars were stopped in the road. Gravel/debris falling off a truck in a corner is a lot different than someone shoveling gravel out into the road because they're sick of bikers.

If my memory still works this is kinda what Tort law is all about, its about what is reasonable. Would a reasonable person stop in the middle of the road? Would a reasonable person understand that stopping in the middle of the road poses a danger to others and pull onto the shoulder instead? It's a bit subjective but everyone likes to blame the rider and Atom driver exclusively but I don't think it's fair to assign them all of the blame. Some yes, not all.

Not really. If you're dead, it matters very little why they're stopped.

You're still dead, and there's nothing in your control to determine if they stop or not.

Everyone is mostly trying to point out and explain whichfactors are under the rider's control, and which aren't.

Not really. If you're dead, it matters very little why they're stopped.

You're still dead, and there's nothing in your control to determine if they stop or not.

Everyone is mostly trying to point out and explain whichfactors are under the rider's control, and which aren't.

I'm referring to fault determination, not odds of survival.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back
Top Bottom