Car stopped on a blind corner

iFly55

[video=youtube;RzMTvgx3R5I]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RzMTvgx3R5I[/video]

Last edited:
It's time for good idea, bad idea!

Bad idea - stopping in an active lane at the exit of a blind corner
Bad idea - going into a blind corner nearly fully committed

Wait

(What the heck does the Street Triple have wrapped around his mufflers? Bubble wrap?)

Car was moving slowly, bikes weren't.

Hard to say whether car driver was having mechanical problems or mental problems (purposefully stopped after blind turn).

Situations like this is why I don't watch the Isle of Man TT. Not likely that there would be a car in that situation (race) but possibly a dog or cat.

Funny how the guy in the sports car chastised himself after that brush with stardom. You don't see admissions of guilt from Americans too often.

Funny how the guy in the sports car chastised himself after that brush with stardom. You don't see admissions of guilt from Americans too often.

I think it was a Spyder. One of those silly Can Am things.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I think it was one of these

ariel atom ?

2012-ariel-atom-700-by-dd_600x0w.jpg

Thought he saw a motorcycle fallen down that ravine, so he turned around and went back to slowly check.

Go to 4:00 to see how stopping in a blind corner is supposed to be done. Don't try this at home.
[video=youtube_share;zt_PqWtHgk0]http://youtu.be/zt_PqWtHgk0[/video]

Last edited:
I think it was a Spyder. One of those silly Can Am things.

Remember the harley idiot on the Cherahola skyway (or was it the foothills?) who crashed his bike on a blind corner and left it on the road and went and sat against the armco barrier?

Remember the harley idiot on the Cherahola skyway (or was it the foothills?) who crashed his bike on a blind corner and left it on the road and went and sat against the armco barrier?

Cherohala. YA. That was a great day!

I watched video about 10x. The motorcyclist was still leaned over from the right hander when he noticed the car stopped in the roadway. The motorcyclist made a pretty good recovery and reacted within half of a second. He was going pretty fast on the bike and is a highly skilled rider. He had to brake severely and steer and keep the bike upright.

The BMW was stopped after the (blind) corner and the road had straightened out. This is One of my big fears being cranked over on the street ( deals gap, etc...)

HAte to say it but if I was on the bike I would have gone ballistic on the driver. No flashers or sign of car trouble. if he caused death, he is criminally negligent.

Be careful out there people, the cagers will stop anytime for any cell distraction. and I fear it will get worse ( I dont know if that was the cause)

BB

Last edited:
Gotta give the driver of the cage a bit of slack, since we don't know his/her side of the story, for all we know, it could have just happened that the car stalled out, stopped working, no electrical power and so on, yes an unfortunate incident, and an accident waiting to happen for sure, be it a bike or another car coming around that corner, fortunately the 2 that came up on it were quick to react and avoid, no other bikes or cars were coming from the other way, so a few positives in this instance.....

I'm not convinced the rider had time to assess oncoming traffic. His job 1 was to miss the stopped car. That type of speed seems a lot more nerve wracking on video than it does actually doing it. Every time I see these vids I swear I'm going to cool it for good. Until the next ride when the first guy tries to drop me. I think it's mental. But this year will be different:D

I watched video about 10x. The motorcyclist was still leaned over from the right hander when he noticed the car stopped in the roadway. The motorcyclist made a pretty good recovery and reacted within half of a second. He was going pretty fast on the bike and is a highly skilled rider. He had to brake severely and steer and keep the bike upright.

The BMW was stopped after the (blind) corner and the road had straightened out. This is One of my big fears being cranked over on the street ( deals gap, etc...)

HAte to say it but if I was on the bike I would have gone ballistic on the driver. No flashers or sign of car trouble. if he caused death, he is criminally negligent.

Be careful out there people, the cagers will stop anytime for any cell distraction. and I fear it will get worse ( I dont know if that was the cause)

BB

Hate to say it, but a blind man could see the the two ****tards are the ones being criminally negligent here. They own the road or something? If you outride your sightline, you deserve everything that's coming to you. ****ing entitlement philosophy people have makes me sick; if you don't like the perils that come with your own actions, then a solution really isn't that hard to figure out.

If you were to pretend you were the rider in the same situation, what do you think you/reactions would have done?:
A) Push steered further to pass the car on right (tightened your line up even further)
B) Brake, stand the bike up and pass on a wider line

I'm not sure what my body would have instinctively done.

If you were to pretend you were the rider in the same situation, what do you think you/reactions would have done?:
A) Push steered further to pass the car on right (tightened your line up even further)
B) Brake, stand the bike up and pass on a wider line

I'm not sure what my body would have instinctively done.

There is more pavement on the left side of the car than the right. There may be an oncoming vehicle in that lane at some point ahead, but there is definitely a stopped car right in front of you that needs to be dealt with first.

And instincts don't play into it. Human instincts are for dealing with tripping when walking, potentially drowning in water and/or medium sized predatory animals. They don't deal with motorcycle operation. You, the operator, need to make a decision and perform an action with minimal hesitation. There are certainly similar Youtube videos where the rider fails to evade the vehicle and collides with it

Hate to say it, but a blind man could see the the two ****tards are the ones being criminally negligent here. They own the road or something? If you outride your sightline, you deserve everything that's coming to you. ****ing entitlement philosophy people have makes me sick; if you don't like the perils that come with your own actions, then a solution really isn't that hard to figure out.
Sightlines in a blind corner...not sure i understand

Back
Top Bottom