Opinion please: wouldn't this forum be better split in 2? | Page 2 | GTAMotorcycle.com

Opinion please: wouldn't this forum be better split in 2?

Stay the way it is or change?

• Yes, there should be a separate ADV and Cruiser forums

Votes: 10 38.5%
  • No, like it the way it is

Votes: 16 61.5%

• Total voters
Are you out to lunch right now?

I'm actually on last break....
It was my attempt at quoting a movie and being funny. Obviously a failed attempt.
I'll see myself out.

I'm actually on last break....
It was my attempt at quoting a movie and being funny. Obviously a failed attempt.
I'll see myself out.

Don't be such a drama queen. I didn't get the movie connection but I enjoy all your work none the less.

Presently I hop on here to find out what's going on locally, but use my bike-specific forums for anything bike related.

Exactly! Just make it a "Touring" section, Adv riders go to well... ADVRider for their specific needs and cruiser guys are probably in an HD forum.

I'm all for making this a touring section as well. Doen't matter if you're touring on an ADV bike, sport tourer, cruiser, sportbike, or a Burgman. This section definitely has a friendlier vibe than the general forum.

I think the whole point of this sub forum is to talk about actually riding somewhere; whether you do it on a cruiser or an ADV bike is irrelevant. ADVRider is full of bikes of every make and model and the best stories are from those that take the wrong bike to inapropriate places.

That said, every year I get together with other riders for a trip to Lake Placid. On that trip is a certain character from Ohio on a big Harley Road King who took it down a single track trail over a mountain. All to say, who cares about the bike you ride, it's about the stories.

I like the "touring" handle as well - when I'm looking for ideas for real rides, I always check in here regardless of the fact that I ride an FZ1, which is neither a cruiser or a touring bike (though sport-touring is appropriate).

However, I am considering packing in the Beastie for a more appropriate granny-type cruiser this year so I am okay with keeping it the cruiser forum :)

Because you're not as stylish and sophisticated. ;)

I think this was aimed towards me. If it wasn't, then it should have been. You sir, are correct! I should have concurred!

Back
Top Bottom