Opinion please: wouldn't this forum be better split in 2? | GTAMotorcycle.com

Opinion please: wouldn't this forum be better split in 2?

Stay the way it is or change?

• Yes, there should be a separate ADV and Cruiser forums

Votes: 10 38.5%
  • No, like it the way it is

Votes: 16 61.5%

• Total voters

DemonPig

Do not cast your pearls before swine
Site Supporter
The title and subtitle imply cruiser related topics with the word touring kind of thrown in (as in touring on a cruiser or cruiser = tourer).
In reality it is a ADV-Touring forum by large, which you wouldn't know if you were a stranger to GTAM.

Don't cruiser/chopper, etc guys deserve their own forum? I've noticed that there isn't that many of them here. Maybe because they don't feel welcome?
Most topics do not relate to cruisers in any way. And many people who own cruisers do not tour either.

Vice versa, adventure riding and/or touring demands its own section as well.
ADV riding is a fast growing hobby with its own, loyal following. It's definitely not just cruising and while sometimes it may involve dirt, it is not dirt riding either.

What do you guys think? Maybe a poll will sway Paul's heart. ;)

Last edited:
There are a lot of topics from 2014 still on page 1 on this forum... I could see maybe if it was more active.

As stated, not many cruiser riders on this forum. I would not then, have learned as much as I have, in the short time I have been here. If I was just in a cruiser forum, I might still think a half helmet and tshirt is proper riding gear.

What do cruiser guys talk about?

They'd say chicks and beer. But we know better. Just kidding. I like cruisers and my son is upset that I didn't get one. He thinks that my new to me Bandit is not as cool.
But I joined this forum after viewing it, and seeing what the majority of its members were into.

I used to have a cruiser to check it out. Was not bad but didn't suit my style of riding. I had a 1999 Honda Magna 750. Aside from a tiny tank and no gauge - solid bike. Very nimble for a cruiser.

Can we at least change the subtitle?

"Anything and everything cruiser related"

to

"Anything and everything but cruiser related"

I'd like to see this sub-forum named Touring/ADV/Cruising/MacDoc. 30 threads give or take on first page alone should not go unrewarded:cool:

Last edited:
I'd like to see this sub-forum named Touring/ADV/Cruising/MacDoc. 30 threads give or take on first page alone should not go unrewarded:cool:

Lol

I have yet to read MacDoc's Australia KLR thread. Saving it for a rainy day. I generally have an issue stopping before I finish (yikes) so I don't want to be stuck on it for 12 hours. I have to say, people on this forum are much more eloquent that those barbarians in General. ;)

I feel like a Quebecer right now.
Please don't separate.
Why does everyone leave me?

As a member who has both I can say that as you've stated, there really isn't much of a cruiser following here. I also feel that sport-touring is somewhat amiss as well. Perhaps separating them would benefit & gain focus (and perhaps even members).

Both new and sport-bike riders seem to be very well represented here at GTA which is totally fine.

Presently I hop on here to find out what's going on locally, but use my bike-specific forums for anything bike related.

Get rid of the cruiser part altogether, and no need for ADV. Should simply be the touring section. Not sure why cruisers, sport bikes, or any bike would need their own section.

Get rid of the cruiser part altogether, and no need for ADV. Should simply be the touring section. Not sure why cruisers, sport bikes, or any bike would need their own section.

+1

This is my inner hippy coming out: Why look for ways to divide us? It's as goofy as promoting rides based on race or religion.

We are all motorcyclists.

Back
Top Bottom