Need a recommendation of a good shop to do oil pan raplacement on GSXR 750 | GTAMotorcycle.com

Need a recommendation of a good shop to do oil pan raplacement on GSXR 750

Need a recommendation of a good shop that can do the oil pan replacement on my 2004 GSXR 750.......I am located in Vaughan but willing to bring bike anywhere in GTA.

Didn't wait for the micro torque wrench to come in the mail (stupid)........decided to just tighten the oil drain plug with a wrench......went a fraction too tight (still haunts my dreams to this day).........stripped oil pan (extremely embarrassing)

Bought the replacement pan and all necessary parts, but due to recent events I have no time to do the swap myself........so looking for a good shop who will do a great job.

Thanks everyone......feel free to chirp me about stripping the pan like a newbie, i deserve it lol

i dont know about for bikes, but for cars with aluminum pans they sell a plus size self re-threading drain plug.
i had to put one in my last car, worked fine. ive always done all my own oil changes but needed one done mid winter and just didnt feel like it so went to mr lube. i remember hearing a impact gun but didnt think too much of it at the time there were other cars in bays there. well they over spun the drainplug, covered it in spraypaint to hold it in (common practice there...ive worked at mr lube about 12 yrs back) and when i took out the drainplug all the threads came with it, and i wasnt about to spend about a grand for a new oil pan.

i dont know about for bikes, but for cars with aluminum pans they sell a plus size self re-threading drain plug.
i had to put one in my last car, worked fine. ive always done all my own oil changes but needed one done mid winter and just didnt feel like it so went to mr lube. i remember hearing a impact gun but didnt think too much of it at the time there were other cars in bays there. well they over spun the drainplug, covered it in spraypaint to hold it in (common practice there...ive worked at mr lube about 12 yrs back) and when i took out the drainplug all the threads came with it, and i wasnt about to spend about a grand for a new oil pan.

I know we at walmart back in the day used spray paint only to see if customer tampered with the drain plug, never to hold them in cause that wouldn't work. We always had a drain plug kit for cars cause some plugs just would strip due to lack up care by others or over tightened elsewhere. One thing I know; we NEVER messed a pan up.

**replacement

Just a quick update on this:

Ended up taking my bike to Pro 6. The guys there were AWESOME, very knowledgeable, and did a fantastic job with a really quick turn around time.

They did the job for the exact amount that they originally quoted me for, no extras, no hidden fees, not even 1 penny more. And they were the best price by far, out of the 5 or 6 shops i called......These guys quoted me only 1.5hrs to do the job, which is how long it would take an experienced tech to do the job from my research......for comparison: Suzuki wanted 4 hrs labour to do it!!!, and so did a couple other shops that I called (one shop even said 5 hrs lol)

Highly recommended to everyone, and thanks again Pro 6!

Last edited:
I know we at walmart back in the day used spray paint only to see if customer tampered with the drain plug, never to hold them in cause that wouldn't work. We always had a drain plug kit for cars cause some plugs just would strip due to lack up care by others or over tightened elsewhere. One thing I know; we NEVER messed a pan up.
you wouldnt believe the stuff ive seen at mr lube when i worked there, makes me wonder why i even went there for the winter oil change knowing they are hacks. when i was there a supervisor (with a lengthy fake resume that included being a fireman on leave and previously certified auto mechanic.....about a year later to be brought up on theft and fraud charges...) messed up a tranny pan service and tried to use spray paint to seal it, i swear he went through a whole can(car ended up being towed to the dealer for a new pan.), skid plate not being buttoned up properly and flew off the car, using ATF as engine flush when they ran out of actual product, one guy without a license hopped in a customers car that was a manual, he stalled it 3x and almost put it in the pit..man it just drives me nutts. i got sick of all the stuff and quit. i only worked there a couple months while i was in college on summer break.

i personally have never messed up a customers car/bike or any cars or bikes that came into my personal garage. theres a right tool for everything, take the time and grab the right one. and never over torque anything.

Back
Top Bottom