Top Gear UK season 22 cancelled | GTAMotorcycle.com

Top Gear UK season 22 cancelled

Redrock

According to multiple news media outlets, season 22 of Top Gear Uk is cancelled because Mr. Clarkson allegedly decked one of the producers. Apparently the situation occurred while filming and BBC claims that Jeremy snapped when there was no food present on set. So far BBC says Jeremy Clarkson is the only one suspended and that the show will not air this weekend but rumours are the show is now cancelled. Jeremy's butt is on the hot seat again. BOOOOO!!!

Maybe the three of them are done with it, and that was their plan as the only was out!

Still sucks though... hope we get to see the footage at least

So, it wasn't a food fight then?

Clarkson has kept up the act of pretending to be an idiot for so long that he no longer knows when to stop

Maybe Top Gear will finally die and someone will make a popular car show that is less about three knuckleheads making dick jokes and slightly more about cars

someone will make a popular car show that is less about three knuckleheads making dick jokes and slightly more about cars

lots of car shows on youtube, most are boring since they all just puke out the same stats and have the same camera angles...

I like "roadkill" on the motor trend youtube channel

I like Regular Car Reviews... still lots of dick jokes, but smart ones, and respectable car content

Plenty of boring car shows out there if that's your thing... but I believe top gear has a good formula that appeal to the masses. Hell even my girlfriend watches it and has a good chuckle every now and then. most notably she likes: hovercraft episode, thaland special, the p45. not sure if the entire show is cancelled but that would be a shame if it were. Top gear is a good money maker (i'd assume) for the BBC, it would be stupid for them to cancel.

I think that producer needs to grow a pair and not complain to mommy about a little school yard scuffle

Cancelled is a strong word. It's been suspended until investigations are complete. I doubt they are going to toss the material they already have over this.

Also, Clarkson was on his last strike (ha!) with the BBC prior to this incident. The producer could have shook his hand after the (unconfirmed) hit, and the BBC would likely have had to stay good on their word to reprimand him.

Definitely some smoke and mirrors here, and plenty of exaggerating.

they are apparently cancelling the rest of the season. that's 3 episodes left for season 22.

imo, Top Gear is by far one of the greatest shows on tv at the moment. its just a group of 3 friends who have the same passion for cars or automobiles and want to travel the world. ain't nothing wrong with that. if clarkson leaves, i'm sure may and hammond will leave as well. the show will be dead.

Clarkson has kept up the act of pretending to be an idiot for so long that he no longer knows when to stop

Maybe Top Gear will finally die and someone will make a popular car show that is less about three knuckleheads making dick jokes and slightly more about cars

You do know that Top Gear is a comical spoof on the more serious car show, Fifth Gear?

People tune in to watch the knuckleheads.

they are apparently cancelling the rest of the season. that's 3 episodes left for season 22.

imo, Top Gear is by far one of the greatest shows on tv at the moment. its just a group of 3 friends who have the same passion for cars or automobiles and want to travel the world. ain't nothing wrong with that. if clarkson leaves, i'm sure may and hammond will leave as well. the show will be dead.

It was on before they joined and it will go on after they leave, but that Trio is the reason it's become as popular as it has. Clarkson alone doesn't work without Hammond and May along for the ride (some pun intended).

I think that producer needs to grow a pair and not complain to mommy about a little school yard scuffle

But why?
What's in it for him to keep quiet?

Imagine it happens to you. One of your coworkers beats you up. What are you going to do? Just suck it up? Turn the other cheek, so he beats you up again next week? Forgive and forget? No way, of course not !!!!!

The real failure here is that the producer should be compensated (the BBC management should pay him whatever it takes to keep him happy, and keep the show going). If it takes 1 million pounds, so be it. If it is two million pounds, it's all good too.

On the other hand, Jeremy Clarkson cannot do whatever he wants just because he is Jeremy, so maybe the suspension was going to happen no matter what. Google Jimmy Savile to see what happens when the BBC "tolerates" its cash cows to do whatever they want...

The real failure here is that the producer should be compensated (the BBC management should pay him whatever it takes to keep him happy, and keep the show going). If it takes 1 million pounds, so be it. If it is two million pounds, it's all good too.

Thats what I meant, not cancel the whole thing

And if someone gets in a fight at work, they get fired on the spot. Then they go grab a new job at the union hall and start work the next day. So that problem solves itself.

what hasnt been spoken of is what the producer may have said before being popped in the nose. maybe he deserved a shot.

Topgear is a tremendous effort using three likable stooges, it would continue for a season or three without Clarkson but his deadpan is the show. Topgear USA is excactly why the show would fail without Clarkson.

what hasnt been spoken of is what the producer may have said before being popped in the nose. maybe he deserved a shot.

Topgear is a tremendous effort using three likable stooges, it would continue for a season or three without Clarkson but his deadpan is the show. Topgear USA is excactly why the show would fail without Clarkson.

Can Clarkson (all alone, without Top Gear) be as successful ever again?

The truth is that he has a good thing going, and it can last forever. He better take care of it.

If he leaves, every one loses: the show dies, and he will never have a job as good as this one.

Back
Top Bottom