Sena 20s warning - read this thread before you buy - might be fixed.. | Page 2 | GTAMotorcycle.com

Sena 20s warning - read this thread before you buy - might be fixed..

I'm liking mine a bit better now. Voice commands still aren't as good as Cardo units though, but after playing with speaker position I've got very decent music volume now. I just can't hear any voice prompts but I think there's a small fix for that by playing with the jog dial in standby mode.

yeah,. each audio channel has its own volume setting

yeah,. each audio channel has its own volume setting

I can't find how to change the bloody voice prompts volume...annoying. I tap the helmet twice and know I need to say something only because the music stops....can't hear the voice prompts at all. Any idea?

FINALLY got our complete set. Yay.

Thnking I might just mount the speakers as well as a fall back and so I can switch to regular ear plugs ...the Scala was loud enough ...not sure abut the SENA

Last edited:
I can't find how to change the bloody voice prompts volume...annoying. I tap the helmet twice and know I need to say something only because the music stops....can't hear the voice prompts at all. Any idea?
Turn up the volume during the function you are trying to use do a double tap and immediately turn up the volume.

Anyone notice the sound quality isn't as good with the SMH20 as it was with the 5 or 10? It's louder, but there is virtually no bass compared to my old SMH5 which died. Any attempt to add bass leads to distortion. Just not liking the "shrill" sound.
Otherwise, mine is working great and will take me all summer to learn how to use all the functions.

One of the big features for me with the SENA 20s was the ability to use my own earphones. And it works well and easy to implement tho a bit of rain concern.

I picked up these today as back up for my Ultimate Ears

I use earphones...the in helmet are just back up.

But I'm wondering about the fidelity of the Bluetooth as opposed to being directly plugged in.

Will have 24 days to test a variety of combinations with the Sena 20.

I just picked up these

61-BRQCMWsL._SX522_.jpg

as a backup pair of earphones for the Ultimate Ears. Good reviews and a decent price point.

The extra cable, replaceable cable, comply tips and the in line switch are all selling points for me.

plus audiophile reviews....not bad for $50 US

but there is virtually no bass compared to my old SMH5 which died. Any attempt to add bass leads to distortion. Just not liking the "shrill" sound.

Hmmm - that might answer my question with the BlueTooth to my iPhone.

I noticed the weak bass and a bit of too bright on the upper end.
Gonna try connecting directly for music see the difference.

Back
Top Bottom