Bethany 2015 | Page 2 | GTAMotorcycle.com

Bethany 2015

Ok, Ill do the big bike on my 690SMC, my Honda CR250R has no plates at all at the moment.

typically where do you guys meet up and what time? Is there a map of the route given out or is it just a follow the leader type of deal?

Last edited:
More info will be provided closer to the event including GPX tracks.

Buy a set of 17" knobbies for the SMC - you'll love it :)

I'm debating the same thing... I think I would have more fun on the DRZ, but I much prefer drier trails in July than deep greasy mud pits in April.

Corpse... basically the Bethany is two rides in one. The big bike track does a gravel route and a few no-maintenance road allowances and the most you'll run into is a slight mud puddle or a bit of sand. If it is like the run I followed with Supernam last fall, you could likely do it with mostly street tires.

The dirt track goes into the Ganny, but I think it occasionally hits a road or two, so I am not sure if your CR250 would meet the licensing requirements. Once ODSC has the details finalized, I'll post up whatever they present.

Let me know which bike you decide to go with, I am thinking about going too.

I suppose I might look like a total wuss doing the big bike on the 690 Enduro *shrug* ;)

April mud-slide eh.....

Don't worry about how you look to anyone - just come out and have fun. There's a Bethany ride thread on www.odsc.on.ca that's got finalized details and agenda now.

Chas, the 690 is a big bike, and no worries, you are no wuss. You followed me into a run that I said could be 25 minutes or 4 hours. From others I've talked to, that 4 hours was very possible, we were lucky in timing and route.

Consider the falls tour, which is a big bike run, and see you at Bethany, dirt or big bike, we'll complete one of them.

http://www.odsc.on.ca/.xenforo/index.php?attachments/bethany-2015-poster-jpg.12201/
index.php

Last edited:
Can you post the PDF? Can't see it if you're not a member.

lB1Z2ZN.jpg

I82l8, the big bike route is mostly gravel roads and maybe a bit of pavement.

My favourite parts of the Bethany are Byers Rd. and Hogs Back Beaver Dam... both always entertain :) Judging by this year's winter, I have a feeling Beaver Dam might be pretty wet this year! Let's hope it's similar to back in 2009!! ------>

[video=youtube;gTsEOhPiQXw]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gTsEOhPiQXw[/video]

I don't remember the water being that deep 2 years ago, when I went. How was it last year?

I'll probably be going this year. New to the whole dirt/ dual sport thing. Don't know if I will like all that water...a jet ski would be more fun in water. :)

boooooourns, this is happening on the day that i have
1- my toronto subaru club spring meet
2- will be painting the new house
3- will be my first weekend with my bike EVERRR

otherwise, without 2, i wouldve definitely come

Crap, found out I have a hockey tournament that weekend so I can't go either. I have a new set of TKC80's installed ready for this.

Better bundle up tomorrow.. Forecasted 0C tomorrow morning at Bethany with a high of 10C.

What an April...

Back
Top Bottom