Bethany 2015 | GTAMotorcycle.com

Bethany 2015

alon

Anyone here doing this ride - April 25?

I might go this year. Enjoyed it last ride. Steve and his GPS skills saved the day ;)

Come on out guys. It's the kick off to the season.

I'll be doing some pre-riding for it (which consisted of snow riding last year) and it's one of my favourite rides of the year

The ODSC is really stepping up this year and starting to become a nice club so come on out and support them.

Haven't done this ride before so I'm really looking forward to it - even the pre-ride of weather / conditions allow...

I'll most likely do the big bike route. Anyone from west side GTA riding over there, let me know.

Will likely go, and from Mississauga, but as of yet undecided about the big bike run or dirt bike run... I don't like mud that much, so it will depend on the weather between now and then.

What's the pace like for the on road sections? I'm looking to buy a small cc dual sport and don't want to be running wide open to keep up:p

Depends on the group you're with. Some are quicker than others. A 250cc is fine for these types of rides.

Where do I find more info? I don't know what this ride is...

I only have a dirt dedicated CR250R and a KTM 690 SMC with street tires on it... no dual sport in my stable, is this ride doable?

Big bike route for the 690 will be OK I am trying to decide if I do bike bike with my 1190 or regular with my crf250x

sent from a device using a program

Big bike route for the 690 will be OK I am trying to decide if I do bike bike with my 1190 or regular with my crf250x

I'm debating the same thing... I think I would have more fun on the DRZ, but I much prefer drier trails in July than deep greasy mud pits in April.

Corpse... basically the Bethany is two rides in one. The big bike track does a gravel route and a few no-maintenance road allowances and the most you'll run into is a slight mud puddle or a bit of sand. If it is like the run I followed with Supernam last fall, you could likely do it with mostly street tires.

The dirt track goes into the Ganny, but I think it occasionally hits a road or two, so I am not sure if your CR250 would meet the licensing requirements. Once ODSC has the details finalized, I'll post up whatever they present.

[video=youtube;KvRZKdeGc8Q]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KvRZKdeGc8Q[/video]

Last edited:
The bike needs a blue plate for either route. I will probably ride the crf and play in the mud or maybe even bring the wife's klx as it is better on the road sections but worse in the dirt.

CRF250L Cam - Bethany Mud: https://youtu.be/-l27_L04X0U

This was Post road, and probably the most muddy part of the ride. I washed mud off my valve cover, just to give an idea of how deep it got. It was an optional challenge section that should be skipped ;)

I rode my Husky CR250 last year that I race in enduro's and hate scrambles. As long as the bike is blue plated it'll be fine.

I just bought a KLX 250 that'll be riding this year though.

I'm pretty sure it was Post Rd that was taken off last year because of resident issues. During one of the pre-rides a local farmer came out complaining to use about using it. Although it is a public "road", the ODSC decided to remove it from the route.

I've also been debating which bike to take: the 1190 or the 530 but I've decided that im riding the 530 exc. Been working on it all winter and I want more seat time in it for other rides this year.

Back
Top Bottom