Hello, anyone with Honda CB500 (2013 and on)? | Page 2 | GTAMotorcycle.com

Hello, anyone with Honda CB500 (2013 and on)?

Hi Folks,

Just bought a used CB 500F and previous owner was using premium (Canada) gas however the manual suggests regular gas. the only difference is octane being high on premium. i'm not a daily rider however i do take it out atleast once a week. any suggestions if i should stick with premium or move to regular gas?

Sorry for some reason i can't create a new thread or I wouldve started a new one for this question. Thanks in advance.

Wrong forum.

Use regular. The bike won't care either way but you'll save a bit of money.

I would put the premium ethanol free stuff in the bike plus stabilizer for when you put it away ovet winter. For your riding time I agree with the other poster. Put 87 octane in.

25 plus years full M, liability only 2 mil. 2016 CB500FA. TD $435 due every February.
Reg gas is all it needs. Esso, no alcohol in all levels of fuel.

Last edited:
Love the 650f. test drove one last week on Honda "drive with us" in Mississauga. Apart from 600rr the best looking Honda in my opinion.Pricewise....a different story. do you mind me asking how much insurance is it for you?

Sorry didn't see this until now. Depending on insurance company and how it is bundled, the CBR650F runs me around $800-1200/year to insure with full coverage. In contrast, my CBR250RA was about $500-600/year, and when I did price out a CBR600RRA, it was around $1600-1700/year, for comparison.

Hi Folks,

Just bought a used CB 500F and previous owner was using premium (Canada) gas however the manual suggests regular gas. the only difference is octane being high on premium. i'm not a daily rider however i do take it out atleast once a week. any suggestions if i should stick with premium or move to regular gas?

Sorry for some reason i can't create a new thread or I wouldve started a new one for this question. Thanks in advance.

Manual calls for 87 so use 87. Only exception is when you are about to put it to sleep for winter, switch to Shell 91 as it contains no ethanol. Also if possible I'd only use gas from a 'Top Tier Gas' provider, which essentially means Shell, Ultramar, Esso, or Petro Can. Personally I like to stick to Shell or Ultramar when I can (apparently they are the same gas), although beggars can't be choosers up north.

Back
Top Bottom