Hello, anyone with Honda CB500 (2013 and on)? | GTAMotorcycle.com

Hello, anyone with Honda CB500 (2013 and on)?

AlexCB500

Hello everyone,

I was wondering what you guys with Honda cb500f (i guess cbr500r is somewhat similar) pay for insurance.

i'm 40, got my M2 on Oct 2014, have had G for over 10 years (clean record here), Concord L4K

Bike is 2014 Honda cb500fa

Both my car and the house are with Allstate. Today when i called they said CB500FA is classified as Naked Sport
(my agent actually stressed "naked" as if it makes it more "sport") and can NOT be insured. They didn't even
say anything about not having full M.

TD online quote was 1700 a year - 145$ per month.
State Farm - 145$ per month

Any company in your experience to bundle all three together.

Sorry for another "what my insurance would be" type of thread but i appreciate your help.

That seems high; a young man earlier indicated he is in his late twenties with a similar bike and is only paying about 50-60/month....

As for Naked Sport....is that a classification?

Thx

Rip off. Make some more calls.

My wife rides a 2013 CB500F. She's 49 (G license for thirty years), M2, coming into her third season of riding, $470/year, forty bucks a month with TDMM. I have all my eggs in the same basket: house, two cars, and two bikes. I think we also benefit from a group discount.

I havent gotten my definite quote (as i got the quote last year and am getting the bike next month)
2013 cb500xa

28 y old
M2 in 2012
Got quoted a little more than 1300 a year

Its through my broker with Intact insurance, clean record.
Me thinks you can get a better quote by calling around :)

Good luck

Last edited:
I suspect that is a huge typo with an extra zero, (or I hope so for your sake)..lol

I havent gotten my definite quote (as i got the quote last year and am getting the bike next month)
2013 cb500xa

28 y old
M2 in 2012
Got quoted a little more than 1300 a month

Its through my broker with Intact insurance, clean record.
Me thinks you can get a better quote by calling around :)

Good luck

I suspect that is a huge typo with an extra zero, (or I hope so for your sake)..lol
HA, thanks for spotting that one.

Fixed. (13xx a yearrrrrrr)

I went through State Farm and am paying 186/ month ($2,200/yr) for my 2014 CB500F. They offered $107/ month if I moved my car insurance over but unfortunately my fiance was in an at-fault accident in 2012 and with that accident there was no real savings (car is with Desjardin).

I am 26, male and have had my M2 since December 2014.

Lol, I checked my rate is $602 only for liability, CB500. 25 GM... 1 ticket

Maybe my M status is what they need.

location, location .... coverage, coverage ... make sure you compare apples to apples. When you do that, you will only find out that insurance in Ontario is like playing lottery. Keep playing until you "win" ... or not. At that point, you just have to pay to play.

I pay $96 per month with TD for ZX6R. Want to downgrade to save money. They quoted me $75 for SV/Gladius. Thought I'd try a CB500, googled, found this thread. lol is all. That and the *** color schemes is a turn off. Shouldn't just plain black be a standard color scheme for all models and all makes and all years?

Give Paul South a surnet insurance on the board a call. I have rental, car and bike bundled at reasonable rates.

Since this thread came back up, i got my quote.

Checked with a bunch of brokers and underwriters.
29 y old
Toronto (Mississauga) Ontario
TD Meloche Monnex
M2 for almost 3 years
No prior moto insurance

1 at fault accident in car 6 years ago
No (more) tickets

TD Meloche Monnex came out on top with $1300 for FULL coverage (liability, collision, comprehensive).Comes out to about $180 for 7 months.
Was about $2-300/year less than the second cheapest quote id gotten!

I am 45, on an M2 (with only a G2). No tickets. This, the third year with Rider's Choice, I was quoted about $1,300 for my 2014 CB500XA (exact same engine). TD MM took it at $730 for full coverage with a $500 deductible. We also have a car and property with TDMM. As dramatic as 'naked sport' sounds, the CB500F does not warrant a particularly high premium.

The interesting part about the Honda CB500FA and CB500XA it's two different prices for insurance.
I did a bit of research and the only think I can see that's different on both bikes is the suspension.

CB500XA - $1184 liability only
CB500FA - $2938 liability only

If someone could shed some light please do so, as I am scratching my head why there is such difference.

The interesting part about the Honda CB500FA and CB500XA it's two different prices for insurance.
I did a bit of research and the only think I can see that's different on both bikes is the suspension.

CB500XA - $1184 liability only
CB500FA - $2938 liability only

If someone could shed some light please do so, as I am scratching my head why there is such difference.

Besides the suspension, handlebars, and plastics, they all share most parts.
111212top-i1.jpg

http://www.motorcycledaily.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/11/111212top-i1.jpg

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/motoring/motorbikes/10152808/Honda-CB500F-CB500X-and-CBR500R-review.html

But then one is more popular then the other (R is a lot more popular than the X) therefore potentially more claims which will be passed down as a beautiful legacy of overpriced premiums :p

Thats the ONLY thing i can think of. Cause when looking for used bikes, there were prolly 5 cbr500r for 1 cb500x
Also maybe the insurance company gets scared of the moniker cbR versus cb....just like the 650f for most companies gets looked at a more powerful version of the 600rr (as per other posts on the forum can attest to)

I really dont know lol but thats all i can think of

Hey guys,

I apologize for not posting the final results. I ended up with State Farm, bundling car, house and bike for roughly 100$ a month for bike. I did lose on house insurance though compared to what I paid in State Farm, but not by too much.

fyi I saw a huge drop year 2 with my old CBR250RA...I was 30-31 at the time. First year was 1200/year, and second was 560/year. TD MM.

Dropped TD MM on the bike when I got the CBR650F, as they wanted to rate it as a 600+ cc supersport. lol

Love the 650f. test drove one last week on Honda "drive with us" in Mississauga. Apart from 600rr the best looking Honda in my opinion.Pricewise....a different story. do you mind me asking how much insurance is it for you?

34yr
m2 in sept 2014, g for 18yrs
southern Ontario
riders plus
2014 cbr500ra
$1304 a year 500/500 1mill

best rate I found as I didn't want to move everything else around.
I'd image I'll see a drop next year as I'll have had m2 for year and a half.

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom