How do you deal with racist/close-minded people? | Page 4 | GTAMotorcycle.com

How do you deal with racist/close-minded people?

The accommodations given to Canada's native population is Canada keeping its end of the contracts given to natives when buleh came from Europe to settle among them in what has been native lands. It saved Canada from the excesses of the Indian wars that was the American's historical shame.

I don't much like those accommodations either, but they are more contractual in nature rather than racist.

Yeah, I understand what the purpose of the treaties were... but there is no denying they are racist in nature.

Link... 'my people' played no part in stealing this land from the natives. My parents came over on a ship back in the 1950's. The damage was already long done at that point.

It's a common remark. They feel that our skin has a pinkish tone, compared to theirs.
People are inherently racist in nature. Let's not forget the Europeans or English as a matter of fact. All colors have a negative connotation except white.
Black is evil, yellow is coward, Red is envy but white is purity & the symbol of the gods. Lol

I meant people on all sides

I know what you meant. You honestly think people are inherently racist in nature? I'm not sparring for fun here btw.

Racist might be the wrong word. Didn't someone mention tribalist? That's probably a better term for what most are inherantly like?

Racist might be the wrong word. Didn't someone mention tribalist? That's probably a better term for what most are inherantly like?

Maybe that's the word but even so I would bet Rockers left nut that there is a measurable percentage of people who have absolutely no inclination towards racism/tribilism until later in life when they develop experience.

I know what you meant. You honestly think people are inherently racist in nature? I'm not sparring for fun here btw.
I think so. As pointed out earlier people are fast to point out our differences. Get somebody mad you'll see how fast it comes out

Born in Manchester U.K. Going to a British school.Both my Parents only spoke Russian. So when I went to school everybody thought I was weird. I Could not understand them. I did of course learn to speak English at about 8 years old. When they laughed at me, I hit them. Was I the racist one?

I took many a punch as well. However, in the days when nobody would hit you if you went down. The good old days. Lol.

Agreed. Most of our prejudices are learned...if not all.

Parents pass on their ignorances and prejudices to their kids. That's why it's important for public schools to teach racial equity/tolerance, sex ed, and science.

Parents pass on their ignorances and prejudices to their kids. That's why it's important for public schools to teach racial equity/tolerance, sex ed, and science.

Especially sex ed. Everybody knows regular people know nothing. And then they pass it on to their know nothing offspring. This needs to change and I'm glad the government is stepping up. They'll do a fine job.

The word is prejudice, and those who don't have it are most likely dead and buried.

We pre judge things in order to survive. That means that the familiar, even though it might not be the best for us, takes precedence over the unfamiliar or strange.

Born in Manchester U.K. Going to a British school.Both my Parents only spoke Russian. So when I went to school everybody thought I was weird. I Could not understand them. I did of course learn to speak English at about 8 years old. When they laughed at me, I hit them. Was I the racist one?

I took many a punch as well. However, in the days when nobody would hit you if you went down. The good old days. Lol.

Today you'd be labelled a bully, and all the children would be encouraged to shun and isolate you, as a consequence.

The word is prejudice, and those who don't have it are most likely dead and buried.

We pre judge things in order to survive. That means that the familiar, even though it might not be the best for us, takes precedence over the unfamiliar or strange.

Today you'd be labelled a bully, and all the children would be encouraged to shun and isolate you, as a consequence.

Good points. Thank you.

Never was labelled as a bully. Most of the ones that laughed at me where bigger than me. My Father taught me never to be afraid of anybody. As I am sure most kids where taught the same.
I think it was more of a surprise to those that bullied me that I stood up for myself.

In the old fashioned way it was often settled in the boxing ring at school.
Today it is guns , knives and anything that has the capacity to kill.
Marquis of Queensbury rules applied.

Bullies then where different to bullies now??????????

Back
Top Bottom