How do you deal with racist/close-minded people? | Page 3 | GTAMotorcycle.com

How do you deal with racist/close-minded people?

The basis for all perceived racism is a global phenomenon known as Tribalism. It can be as local as your neighborhood, circle of friends and family. It stretches to regional and ultimately nationally. Typically, it comes down to whether you are affected by something that is said, but also the actions of people far and near. A good example is the joke I posted earlier. You might laugh, or you may be offended. It depends on your view and whether you feel that your circle has been insulted. An Italian guy might find it funny, but change Polish sausage to Italian sausage and see what may happen.
Moreover, it doesn't stop there. If you can't finger someone for their race, you will discriminate for something else, like their appearance or or anything that you can quickly identify. Example: someone cuts you off while you're riding. You speed up to see who's driving. It's a Chinese guy. "Why... you Chinese son of a *****", you may say. The next day, you are again cut off. You look and it's a white guy. You look for something to identify what's different from yourself. "You fat son of a *****", "you bald son of a *****", "you short little son of a *****"...
There's obviously more to it than that. But you get the idea. That's why some people want to run off and join ISIS. They want to be part of that tribe. And ISIS is a perfect and extreme example of tribalism: wanting to kill your brethren that do not agree with your narrow version of the same religion.

Hi there, Keith! ;)

A good example is the joke I posted earlier. You might laugh, or you may be offended. It depends on your view and whether you feel that your circle has been insulted. An Italian guy might find it funny, but change Polish sausage to Italian sausage and see what may happen.

The next day, you are again cut off. You look and it's a white guy. You look for something to identify what's different from yourself. "You fat son of a *****", "you bald son of a *****", "you short little son of a *****"....

First part, change it to Italian, I stiil laugh. Maybe I'm wrong in my thinking, but jokes that have stereotypes are funny because they are usually true. Tell almost any joke with an old school Italian in it, and I guarantee my dad, or I, have been guilty of doing the same thing at one time.
When Eddie Murphy joked about leaving the theatre after seeing Rocky, and the joke against the Italian, I laughed my *** off because it was so true! (I REALLY wanted an IROC).

Second part, white, fat, bald, short? Damn, sorry bro, I really didn't see you!
There is a joke that really imo defines people that say they do not have any, tribalism I believe you called it:
What do you call a black guy flying a plane?

Anyone that doesn't say "pilot", is guilty of said tribalism.

Hi there, Keith! ;)
200_s.gif

I'm sick and tired of the PC police. I'm sick and tired of folks labeling things as racism when in fact it's not or it's simply ignorance.

There is nothing in this world that guarantees people from being offended or preventing their feelings from being hurt.

I've experienced ignorance.

I've experience sexism.

I've experience racism.

I've experience ageism.

And when I've called folks out on it, I've been accused of being racist or a bigot or what ever as a means to put me down or prevent further dialog.

Words carry various meaning depending on the audience and or the context of their use.

It's frustrating to read, hear or experience the PC people jump into the fray after the fact and make something of nothing.

The definition of racism is very specific and shouldn't be used flippantly.

Definition of racism

noun 1.a belief or doctrine that inherent differences among the various human racial groups determine cultural or individual achievement, usually involving the idea that one's own race is superior and has the right to dominate others or that a particular racial group is inferior to the others.

2.a policy, system of government, etc., based upon or fostering such adoctrine; discrimination.

3.hatred or intolerance of another race or other races.

why do people who are of different origins move to another part of the world feel the need to proclaim racism/prejudice/human rights. it is what it is, dont like it, go back wheres there no racism, pretty easy if you think about it!

why do people who are of different origins move to another part of the world feel the need to proclaim racism/prejudice/human rights. it is what it is, dont like it, go back wheres there no racism, pretty easy if you think about it!

Maybe try g00gle?

There is no place in the world without racism... just some don't want to admit it.

When I lived in Indonesia, every single day I was called bule (or buleh, however it is spelled) which means whitey or bule-gila meaning crazy whitey. Even worse was how they treated Indonesian women who were with white guys... they basically considered them all whores. There were very few places that refused to take my money or do business with me though... although I remember one apartment that I went to inquire about their rental rates and was informed they don't rent to bule as they bring too many prostitutes home with them and drink too much -- okay then... I see us whiteys are making a good name for us abroad.

The highest occurrence of racism in this country is between our government and our native population... nothing like giving some one a break on taxes, free education, etc, based on their race. I say treat everyone 100% equally -- no special privileges (or special schools or special areas to live, etc) for race, religion, special interest groups, gender, or any other reason -- it just serves to create animosity.

They called me a "red monkey" in China. Sometimes playfully, sometimes not. Either way, I was secure enough that it didn't bother me.

The highest occurrence of racism in this country is between our government and our native population... nothing like giving some one a break on taxes, free education, etc, based on their race. I say treat everyone 100% equally -- no special privileges (or special schools or special areas to live, etc) for race, religion, special interest groups, gender, or any other reason -- it just serves to create animosity.

The accommodations given to Canada's native population is Canada keeping its end of the contracts given to natives when buleh came from Europe to settle among them in what has been native lands. It saved Canada from the excesses of the Indian wars that was the American's historical shame.

I don't much like those accommodations either, but they are more contractual in nature rather than racist.

You guys did wipe most of them out. Nothing like someone kill you, taking your land and colonizing it leave a sour taste. I don't think they need hand outs anymore. It's caused a lot of problems especially with internal corruption. I think opportunities should be given to them.

Sometimes I think Assimilation is better than acceptance.

I think it's a pinkish "hue" or "rosy glow".

Resistance is futile. You will be assimilated.

Back
Top Bottom