the 'Watch' | GTAMotorcycle.com

the 'Watch'

the Gold version is selling for $10,000+ :lol:

sent from my Passport

That's a bargain. The limited edition 38 mm gold, is $26490.95 CDN

I can't get bent out of shape over the comically over priced gold or whatever versions. I haven't seen journalists explain what the midrange versions are about - $1000 for a smartwatch made of unremarkable metals is a king's ransom

Meh. If I buy another smart watch I'll get myself the new Pebble. Nothing special about this thing, and I can't wait to see the hordes lining up to buy it.

I was going to buy the Samsung watch so that way I can see who is calling while I ride. Now I just talk to everyone while I ride and if they can't hear me then to damn bad! Only reason I wanted to buy that watch and didn't.

People and their Apple products really don't make any sense to me what so ever. But if you like it, then well I guess enjoy it while they last.

I was going to buy the Samsung watch so that way I can see who is calling while I ride. Now I just talk to everyone while I ride and if they can't hear me then to damn bad! Only reason I wanted to buy that watch and didn't.

People and their Apple products really don't make any sense to me what so ever. But if you like it, then well I guess enjoy it while they last.

I had the same idea...however it does not work that well when riding. you are best of buying a BT helmet com set

I was kind of considering the all stainless-steel one, but I was expecting a sub-$500 price tag, not $1300. Jesus F Christ.

The base model is probably going to sell well. I think it looks like ***.

Pebble time steel ftw! 10 day battery, enough said.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Okay, finally details have come out.

Base "sport" watch with aluminum body and 38mm face: $349 USD
42mm face: +$50 USD
Stainless steel body: +$200 USD
Base rubber "sport" watchband: included ($49 USD on its own)
Leather band: +$100 USD
Chainmail band: +$100 USD
"Modern" band: +$200 USD
Steel link band: +$400 USD

So unusually for Apple, all of this stuff is functionally identical. I bet people are gonna get mugged for these things like they were for iPods in the days of yore

Go ahead and speak your mind RockerGuy

I assume OP was talking about this watch

Apple makes a cool US$7800 profit from every $10g watch sold.

Say what you will, but no company on earth does a better job of sucking money from people's wallets!

Sent from my Passport

Say what you will, but no company on earth does a better job of sucking money from people's wallets!

I will have to agree with this statement....say what you will about Apple they sure know how to make suckers part with their money.

$10G's! LOL

For that price, why not get yourself an IWC or a Rolex, or any similarly priced automatic watch!? Such nonsense!

$10G's! LOL

For that price, why not get yourself an IWC or a Rolex, or any similarly priced automatic watch!? Such nonsense!

Ostensibly this is Apple reaching out to the same people who will adorn themselves with a $10K "normal" watch. While I don't personally think those are any more appealing than Apple's version, a big problem with Apple's watch is that in about five years it will only be worth about whatever the value of its base metals are. A regular fancy watch retains value. Anybody who would seriously think about dropping $10K+ on it has to keep in mind Apple traditionally only supports their products for around three years - my iPhone 4 was carried for a whole extra year but was cut off last September. You might as well be buying ten thousand dollar underwear.

Last edited:
$10G's! LOL

I don't think hipsters appreciate premium watches the same way real men do.

I'd go buy a Breitling Airwolf, an Omega Seamaster AND a nice Tissot for every day use instead.

Back
Top Bottom