Which generators? | GTAMotorcycle.com

Which generators?

architect

Site Supporter
I'm looking to get a generator for warmers and misc. electronics for track day. Any advice or information would be appreciated. I won't be using it for anything other than trackdays and camping so nothing snazzy required. Budget conscious. Thanks in advance, folks.

Edit: Orion Flack Jackets

Last edited:
Honda EU or Yamaha EF.

Champion also makes some inverter generators that get good reviews.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'm looking to get a generator for warmers and misc. electronics for track day. Any advice or information would be appreciated. I won't be using it for anything other than trackdays and camping so nothing snazzy required. Thanks in advance, folks.

Need to know what type of warmers you will be using. Some use under 1000 watts and some will need a 2000watts.

Honda EU or Yamaha EF.

Champion also makes some inverter generators that get good reviews.

/thread

Need to know what type of warmers you will be using. Some use under 1000 watts and some will need a 2000watts.

Orion Flack Jackets

Can`t find wattage anyone know the requirements?

Last edited:
Those Honda and Yamahas are $$$ ... You get what you pay for I'm sure but still/
You said it. Also your neighbor in the pits won't hate you

I'll be on season 4 trouble free (knock on wood) with my Champion inverter. Change the oil at the end of the season and use shell 91 (ethanol free) to keep it fresh. $600 well spent IMO.

And now Champion has a 3000 watt inverter for $900.

There are some lightly used Champion 2000 inverters on Kijiji for under 500$ so I might consider those.

Last edited:
There are some lightly used Champion 2000 inverters on Kijiji for under 500$ so I might consider those.

I'd spend the extra $100 and buy new. Mine looks like it's 2 weeks old but it's got quite a bit of time on it. There's no hr meter on them to know exactly what your getting.

Last edited:
I'd spend the extra $100 and buy new. Mine looks like it's 2 weeks old but it's got quite a bit of time on it. There's no hr meter on them to know exactly what your getting.

After taxes it's more like at least 200$ more. The 500$ ones say they've only been used a couple times ... but yeah without reading they could have made it up. Part of the clue would be to see if they are selling the latest yellow model. Otherwise it would be older.

After taxes it's more like at least 200$ more. The 500$ ones say they've only been used a couple times ... but yeah without reading they could have made it up. Part of the clue would be to see if they are selling the latest yellow model. Otherwise it would be older.

Mines yellow, hardly used. Just had its first oil change after break in. I'll give it to you for the rock bottom price of $500 :)

Plus you want the warranty.

Last edited:
Mines yellow, hardly used. Just had its first oil change after break in. I'll give it to you for the rock bottom price of $500 :)

Plus you want the warranty.

But does it come with the cover? Otherwise no deal.

I can make one out of blue tarp and duct tape. Top quality, very nice, easy use.

Your definition of a few extra bucks is not the same as mine :( Might be out of the budget for a generator of this caliber.

I'll just buy a really really really long extension cord and hook it up somewhere :p

I'd probably be find with DOT tires as I'm just doing track days and starting out. Only reason I'm starting with slicks is my bike comes with it 50% life left and the warmers. The spare rims also have rain slicks on them.

Rain slicks? I need me a set of those!

Just get a set of decent dot tires and sell the slicks. No need to buy a generator for a single track day which is about what's going to be left on those slicks. When you have the cash/get faster then go buy a generator and use the warmers. You don't use warmers with rains either.

Back
Top Bottom