New to the forum - Peterborough rider | GTAMotorcycle.com

New to the forum - Peterborough rider

Spenny818

Hi all!

I am just starting my second year on a 2013 Zero S (electric) motorcycle. I did about 8000km in the area last summer, but almost all of that was solo. Hopefully this summer I can meet some fellow riders in the area to go on rides with. I am obviously limited by range per charge, but there are a lot of really great rides you can do that are <150km in the area. Look forward to becoming more active on the forum!

Spenny

Welcome!
Wheelie.gif

Hi all!

I am just starting my second year on a 2013 Zero S (electric) motorcycle. I did about 8000km in the area last summer, but almost all of that was solo. Hopefully this summer I can meet some fellow riders in the area to go on rides with. I am obviously limited by range per charge, but there are a lot of really great rides you can do that are <150km in the area. Look forward to becoming more active on the forum!

Spenny

hey welcome. I didnt know those actually were up for sale. 150km isnt much though :-\

It doesn't sound like much, but it fits my needs perfectly. I mainly use it for commuting to Cobourg, and on days that I do go on longer rides, I am ready to get out of the saddle after 2 hours. Since it's not really a touring bike the seat leaves a little to be desired..

Very cool bike! I wanted to go electric as well, but the distance thing was a concern for me. Welcome as all have said. I have a few routes that go through Peterborough, I will make sure to PM you whenever I plan a ride around there. How long does it take to re charge if you were low on power? For example.. if you went out and did 100km.. and were taking a break at a local restaurant.. could you plug it into a ordinary outlet?

I think that's pretty cool looking too. Its nice to see somethung different. Welcome to the forum.

Nice to see people embracing the electric bikes rather than bashing them!

At highway speeds, I can go about 150km to a charge. In the city it is higher, since unlike a gas bike that has to idle, I use a lot less power going the slow speeds in town. It also regenerates power back to the battery in stop and go driving. City range is claimed at 220km, although I have never tested that. I would go insane driving that long in town!

It just charges off of a standard outlet, and from completely empty, it takes about 7 hours to charge, although there are fast charge options available. I have done a few longer trips where I just stop at a restaurant for a couple hours, and plug into an exterior outlet while I stretch my legs.

In my use though, it normally only takes ~2.5 hours to charge, since I use about 35% one way to work.

I'd be happy to answer any other questions!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back
Top Bottom