East York'r just got a bike | GTAMotorcycle.com

East York'r just got a bike

TO Bandit

Site Supporter
Hi,
My name is Chris and I just got my first real bike. It's a 2003 Suzuki Bandit 600S. I love it. I found it to be very easy to ride with a nice upright seating position and a torquey power band that's good for tooling around town. I've ridden before, as my brother had a few bikes when I lived with him in Mexico. But that was a while ago and I find that it is taking a while to get my confidence back. So I'm just booting around in the large storage complex where my bike is and practicing turning and stopping. I'm going to take a riding course as soon as they open and am looking forward to hitting the road again.
I've already seen quite a lot of helpful information on this forum. I'm looking forward to chatting and hopefully contributing with my fellow motorcyclists.

Cheers. See you out there.

Welcome!
Wheelie.gif

Thanks everybody. I forgot to mention that the storage space is indoors. I will be asking for advice here and there. There's a ton of information on this site but every situation is different. The bike seems to be in good shape, with the exception of the right fairing being cracked up pretty good. I found another on ebay, so I'll be switching that out. I am very hands-on when it comes to working on vehicles. I've restored a few classic cars over the years and I do all of the work on my '07 Toyota Tundra. I've already changed the plugs, drained the tank, changed the fuel filter, and changed the air filter. Things like tires and the carbs I'll probably let a shop do.

at 109 cycle.jpgDropped it off at 109 Cycle for a spring makeover. New tires, oil change, general check over, and certification.

Im in East York as well (hence the name) If you're looking for a good training course, I did mine at a place called Learning Curves (google them) The course is down at Queen and Eastern behind the Beaches Cinema, nice and close. Welcome, we should go for a ride!

Im in East York as well (hence the name) If you're looking for a good training course, I did mine at a place called Learning Curves (google them) The course is down at Queen and Eastern behind the Beaches Cinema, nice and close. Welcome, we should go for a ride!

Sounds good. When I get my bike back, I'll message you.

Nice one! I have to say that this bike feels so right for me. I'm 6' 2" and it fits like a glove. The power delivery seems very even and fluid. I can see why it was such a successful model.

Back
Top Bottom