Need a copper washer. | Page 2 | GTAMotorcycle.com

Need a copper washer.

Hit me up if needed, I kept a bunch. Not on purpose, just out of pure laziness.
Sent from my Nokia Lumia 625 Windows Phone using Tapatalk

DO NOT use a penny as a washer on a head bolt.
1) Pennys are copper coated not made of copper
2)The relief (the pattern on the penny) will screw your torque ratings.

You are going to be hard pressed to find copper washers in metric sizes, most hydraulics, where copper washers are typically used, are imperial.
If you had a chunk of copper I could make you one.
I see no reason that those hold down bolts have copper washers. If you're trying to seal, you got other problems. I would use hardened steel washers (I would also replace the cap screws with studs. Studs work better for "hold down").

When I asked "does it matter?" I was asking if the washer knew the difference of what it was to be used on. (NO it doesn't).

The washers are for the cylinder,not the head.Can't understand why they are there.There is nothing to "seal".

Any reason for not just cutting them out of some 1/16 copper? Copper pipe even?

The washers are for the cylinder,not the head.Can't understand why they are there.There is nothing to "seal".

All cylinder heads Im familiar with use copper washers on the head bolts even if they are inside the motor casings with oil. And the service manual always says to replace them, however I have done some budget builds or quick head swap where I didnt have time to get new ones. And so I re use the old ones with no problems at all

I will look for that size for you, 8mm ID is common so I can probably fine another bike out of the big 4 that uses the same size then you can order them one of them and get them in a few days

Found them.Regional Hose in Guelph came thru.I wasn't willing to put things together without the oem washers after throwing a pile of cash into new parts.Cya soon JohnnyP.Looking forward to seeing the stuff.

Back
Top Bottom