Motorcycle chain replacement | GTAMotorcycle.com

Motorcycle chain replacement

C-250

I am a n00b to motorcycle maintenance to start things off. I have cbr250 an i bought an oem chain and front sprocket and called a shop close to me to see how much it would cost to get replaced and they said it would take about 1 1/2 hours to replace... Does it really take that long plus they charge 89$ an hour...ps im a college student so $ tight

how come you did not purchase a rear sprocket, usually you do all 3 items, front sprocket, rear sprocket, and chain

+1

Shops Ive worked at charge $100-110/hr

go watch some youtube videos and good luck!

Last edited:
if you dont have the tools, especially torque wrenches and do not know how to adjust chain tension, take it to a shop.

how come you did not purchase a rear sprocket, usually you do all 3 items, front sprocket, rear sprocket, and chain
^^ this. Do NOT install the new front sprocket and chain WITHOUT getting a new rear sprocket first, unless you want your new stuff to wear out SUPER quick.

Call up Ted and get a quote on installing the chain and sprockets, I don't think anyone will do it cheaper: http://dontai.com/oldsite/roseytoes/

Maybe the front sprocket was lunched, but the rear (having been changed) was okay.
Maybe the new front sprocket is resized?
And the major tool required to DIY is of course an endless-chain rivet tool.
(No torque wrench? Hey life goes on...)
But one thing for sure - Ted Rose is yer man!
Anyone know Rosey's hourly rate during 2015?
Might be $80-$90 but he'll probably charge only one hour...
Regards

I charge $60 for chain and sprocket install and like the others said get a rear sprocket as well. Have to ask though are you sure you even need it on a low horsepower relatively new bike?

Have to ask though are you sure you even need it on a low horsepower relatively new bike?

Was thinking the same

If you're in the Richmond Hill/Vaughan area I can give you a hand

It might take less time if you aren't replacing the rear sprocket, id suggest to replace the front + rear + chain all in one shot. You get what you pay for.

Back
Top Bottom