What is everyone using for scratches on bikes? | GTAMotorcycle.com

What is everyone using for scratches on bikes?

morefyah

With the riding season just around the corner, it's time to make the bike look good! lol. I have discovered a scratch just above the headlight of my R6 which isn't a fairly deep scratch (not much snag when you run your finger nail across it) and not too noticeable from a far but fairly close you can see it.

I see Mothers has a product to remove scratches but just wondering what everyone else is using and or what works well?

Thanks in advance.

find 3000grit sand paper, and wet sand the scratch, then use some rubbing compound on it to remove the haze, it will look like new

I DONT hold responsibility if you sand down past the paint and all the way to the plastic.. do it within reason

and while youre at it, do the whole bike with rubbing compound, and then use some regular carnuba wax on the bike, it will look stellar!

ninja edit: to all those who are gonna say, do 1000grit, then move on to 2000, then buff out the haze, i gave this man an easy fool proof way to getting rid of his scratch

Last edited:
I just leave them alone until they get bad enough. Then I let a body shop take care of it.

I use more scratches.

more track time

For scratches on bikes I just find a chain link fence to lean the bike against. Works every time.

Too funny, thanks. Still laughing...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

cd9ba4cceedd7e4dd9d5cbb6a0a4989f.jpg

Rub it on the scratch for a few seconds and watch it work it's magic. Works very well and it's a pretty cost effective way of getting the job done.

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom