2up comfort tips on a supersport? | GTAMotorcycle.com

2up comfort tips on a supersport?

油井緋色

Site Supporter
Anyone have advice on how to make the passenger more comfy on an SS bike in terms of 2up position?

I have never ridden ***** and never will but I can tell by looking at passengers it probably isn't the most comfy position in the world.

You can buy a passenger handle that fits on your gas cap, that I'll help a lot and IMO is one of the best ways to help the passenger keep their weight off you. A different seat that has a bit more grip and is more comfortable is a big plus. Changing your windscreen to try and get the air over your head and your passenger will also add to their comfort.

My wife has spent a lot of time on the back and these are here main complaints.

A really short passenger so they have lots of legroom. A rider who isn't trying to make them flip off the back. Telling them they don't have to lay on your back because you won't try to launch them off the back.

Or get a better bike for passengers like I did.

My wife found my 07 CBR600RR very comfortable. If we were out for the day she would sometimes fall asleep on the way home...lol

My wife found my 07 CBR600RR very comfortable. If we were out for the day she would sometimes fall asleep on the way home...lol

lol I have a friend who told me his gf did the same.

@dricked I have a puig screen already

I'm not the type to pop wheelies but I don't want her to completely hate it; guess there's no way to guarantee it except letting her try.

....On a sided note guys, it's +5 next week ;)

My gf fell asleep on the back of a friend's F4i when we were booting around once when she had a bad reaction to some allergy meds. She said it was terrifying when she realized but didn't say anything because she didn't want to ruin our ride. We weren't going that slow, either. One of her feet fell off the footpeg when it happened and watching her try to find it, inches from the spinning rear wheel, from behind was terrifying to me.

On a more serious note I think it really depends on the geometry for the passenger and their size. No different then when picking a bike as a rider. Footpeg, leg angle, seat etc are all going to have an effect.

My wife hated riding pylon on my F4 which I found way more comfortable as a rider.

Not too bad of an idea. I like it.

although I must say I LOVE their 'Ride Safe with your kids' photo which includes a guy in a t-shirt, with a little girl in shorts and t-shirt and only a helmet...

+1LOL on that!! Other than helmets not one other speck of gear worn in advertising for what, I assume, they are marketing as a safety product. Brilliant!!

One of her feet fell off the footpeg when it happened and watching her try to find it, inches from the spinning rear wheel, from behind was terrifying to me.

Holy crap. That would just about scare the **** out of me.

2-up comfort tips on a supersport?

most important tip: be the operator, not the passenger on the back.

The best way to make them comfortable is by removing the rear seat and pegs. Solves that issue right there. If a passenger is a must than I would suggest a different type of bike

You have to establish some ground rules.

1. a) Find a communication system that works for you. (ie. double tap my left shoulder if you want to take a break and so on)
b) Communicate with her at traffic lights. (ask her if he's ok, if you did something stupid take the time to apologize, etc.)
2. Tell her the basics on how to be a good passenger. (tell her to place her head over your inside shoulder, hands on the tank while coming to a stop, etc.)
3. Don't be a dick, you will not impress her by going fast and zooming in and out of traffic.
4. Avoid pinecones at all costs.

You have to establish some ground rules.

1. a) Find a communication system that works for you. (ie. double tap my left shoulder if you want to take a break and so on)
b) Communicate with her at traffic lights. (ask her if he's ok, if you did something stupid take the time to apologize, etc.)
2. Tell her the basics on how to be a good passenger. (tell her to place her head over your inside shoulder, hands on the tank while coming to a stop, etc.)
3. Don't be a dick, you will not impress her by going fast and zooming in and out of traffic.
4. Avoid pinecones at all costs.

Really? lol

The rest I know, I've taken passengers on my GS500F. The GSXR looks a lot more painful lol

Back
Top Bottom