possibly the best helmet in the world.....soon to be..maybe | GTAMotorcycle.com

possibly the best helmet in the world.....soon to be..maybe

alangolding25

Site Supporter
reatracted sue to duplicate thread, will go and find the old one to find out peoples thoughts
Cheers

Last edited:
Already been discussed to death here at GTAM last year when it was introduced. Most including me won't be getting one. We are constantly complaining about distracted cagers, well this is just another object to make us distracted. Bikes already come with GREAT technology, for this, they are called.... mirrors.

neigh problem, removed it, will look up the old thread interested to read peoples thoughts on it

cheers hedo, yeah most of it looks like its just overpriced mainly. which it is.

im personally not a fan of music in the helmet, like to hear my bike!
but from a nerd perspective it is great technology and a good starting point for future innovations.

as far as helmets go, comfort and protection are my two main needs.

Why not play some ****ing video games while you ride. ****. Don't mind me, it's the tequila talking.

This is amazing! It does nothing new, everything I already have! Love the idea of duplicating everything - rear view mirrors, my speedometer, GPS, and Sena Headset - just because it's the latest and greatest... Better not flip up my visor either or it's all gone.

This is amazing! It does nothing new, everything I already have! Love the idea of duplicating everything - rear view mirrors, my speedometer, GPS, and Sena Headset - just because it's the latest and greatest... Better not flip up my visor either or it's all gone.

You have a heads up display in your helmet? I can do everything already as well, I have a GPS, it plays music to my helmet, etc etc. What this does differently is you no longer need to look away from the rode while riding to check your GPS or do anything else for that matter like changing a song. I could care less about the rear view, but everything else I think is fantastic and allows you to keep your focus on the road.

Also, from what I saw in a picture, the visor has nothing to do with the HUD, so you can flip up the visor and not lose functionality.

Last edited:
You have a heads up display in your helmet? I can do everything already as well, I have a GPS, it plays music to my helmet, etc etc. What this does differently is you no longer need to look away from the rode while riding to check your GPS or do anything else for that matter like changing a song. I could care less about the rear view, but everything else I think is fantastic and allows you to keep your focus on the road.

Also, from what I saw in a picture, the visor has nothing to do with the HUD, so you can flip up the visor and not lose functionality.

Good to know about the HUD not being integrated with the visor, but still not impressed with the functionality beyond the cool factor. That HUD mechanism sticking out looks like it could take your eye out in an accident. ;)

Good to know about the HUD not being integrated with the visor, but still not impressed with the functionality beyond the cool factor. That HUD mechanism sticking out looks like it could take your eye out in an accident. ;)

If you are in an accident and it rips through the front of your helmet, the hud is probably the least of your worries.

Already been discussed to death here at GTAM last year when it was introduced. Most including me won't be getting one. We are constantly complaining about distracted cagers, well this is just another object to make us distracted. Bikes already come with GREAT technology, for this, they are called.... mirrors.

Cept mirror don't show you what's behind you or what's in your blind spot

And in the case of a 250, they don't show you anything at all except your shoulders.

Well I don't ride a 250, my mirrors show me what is behind me, as for my blind spot I use a shoulder check, (which I suspect one should do even with this helmet). If your stock mirrors are that bad might be time to consider bar end mirrors. May save your life if you can see someone approaching from the rear while stopped at a light.

Not going to rely on technology to replace what I have been doing for 35 years successfully..lol I can see it younger people buy these rely on the technology and if it breaks, they can't figure out how to ride as we do today..lmao

Cept mirror don't show you what's behind you or what's in your blind spot

And in the case of a 250, they don't show you anything at all except your shoulders.

Well I don't ride a 250, my mirrors show me what is behind me, as for my blind spot I use a shoulder check, (which I suspect one should do even with this helmet). If your stock mirrors are that bad might be time to consider bar end mirrors. May save your life if you can see someone approaching from the rear while stopped at a light.

Not going to rely on technology to replace what I have been doing for 35 years successfully..lol I can see it younger people buy these rely on the technology and if it breaks, they can't figure out how to ride as we do today..lmao

I don't see it as a replacement, I see it as an added feature. For instance I know people that have been driving with clean records for 40+ years and they still love that rear parking camera on their new vehicles.

As for my mirrors I added convex mirrors to mine in order to help with that and, I'm actually planning on finding some Ninja 650 mirrors sometime this summer once my wallet cools down. According to the folk on ninjette the stalks on the 650 mirrors are longer and that fixes the problem.

I don't care what mirrors you have you are not going to get the view that the helmet offers. There are certainly pro's and con's to it.
As for the younger people, I think they test's aren't going to change any time soon, they will still be taught and tested to use their mirrors appropriately as we do today.

I personally need to get new mirrors though, the stock bandit 1250 mirrors aren't great, at least mine aren't anyways. If anyone has any suggestions feel free.
I'm not into tiny diamond shaped sporty mirrors that you need binoculars to see using them, looking for a decent mirror with good vision that has solid adjusting.

I don't care what mirrors you have you are not going to get the view that the helmet offers. There are certainly pro's and con's to it.
As for the younger people, I think they test's aren't going to change any time soon, they will still be taught and tested to use their mirrors appropriately as we do today.

I personally need to get new mirrors though, the stock bandit 1250 mirrors aren't great, at least mine aren't anyways. If anyone has any suggestions feel free.
I'm not into tiny diamond shaped sporty mirrors that you need binoculars to see using them, looking for a decent mirror with good vision that has solid adjusting.

I know what you mean the stock mirrors give you a good view or your arms so I put bike master ultra low bars on mine and after market stock replacement cheapie from ebay with a little longer stalk on them and found the view to the rear much better.

way over priced skullys nice but are u you kidding me.. I hook up my head phones and listen to music and I can listen to gps... but truthfully I like to ride with no music no gps and just ride and let the road do the talking

I know what you mean the stock mirrors give you a good view or your arms so I put bike master ultra low bars on mine and after market stock replacement cheapie from ebay with a little longer stalk on them and found the view to the rear much better.

lol yeah that's what I get a nice view of my elbows! Could you point me in the right direction as to the products you bought ? I'm definitely going to upgrade the mirrors when i find the right product.

lol yeah that's what I get a nice view of my elbows! Could you point me in the right direction as to the products you bought ? I'm definitely going to upgrade the mirrors when i find the right product.

I can't remember exactly which ones I got but if you want to keep the stock ones just buy the mirror extenders, they come in many colors. Here is a link to ebay vendor

http://www.ebay.ca/itm/Blue-Mirrors...Parts_Accessories&hash=item2c8631a93e&vxp=mtr

EDIT: adding info

I changed out the bars too it helps get rid of the "steering a wheel barrel" feeling with the wrist at a weird angle. Helped tonnes for me for the counter steering here is a pic for comparison
images

and a link: http://road.renthal.com/shop/road-products/road-handlebars/road-se-bars?product_id=2007

also check out holeshot performance tonnes of bandit specific products : http://www.holeshot.com/

Last edited:
I can't remember exactly which ones I got but if you want to keep the stock ones just buy the mirror extenders, they come in many colors. Here is a link to ebay vendor

http://www.ebay.ca/itm/Blue-Mirrors...Parts_Accessories&hash=item2c8631a93e&vxp=mtr

EDIT: adding info

I changed out the bars too it helps get rid of the "steering a wheel barrel" feeling with the wrist at a weird angle. Helped tonnes for me for the counter steering here is a pic for comparison
images

and a link: http://road.renthal.com/shop/road-products/road-handlebars/road-se-bars?product_id=2007

also check out holeshot performance tonnes of bandit specific products : http://www.holeshot.com/

Cheers for the links will check out those extenders and probably get a pair. Look decent enough.
Nice bar will consider getting that also.
Cheers

Back
Top Bottom