Knee sliders? | Page 2 | GTAMotorcycle.com

Knee sliders?

Guys, keep in mind that the thicker the slider the heavier it is. Now if you injection mould a slider as most are, you can make it thick. But the thicker the plastic the harder it is to inject into the mould. Also some thicker sliders have air pockets designed in to them to require less plastic. So you may get a thicker slider but it could be half air.
Also the thicker they are and the more solid, the softer the plastic. The soft plastic grabs your knee and pulls it back. Harder sliders have a lower co-efficient of friction and this drag is reduced. The plus on this is a longer lasting slider.
We just shipped some new style rain sliders to Australia for testing,,,,,we just need it to rain now!

please keep your sparkers and smokers to the street, they are not welcome at the track. and you will get pulled off the track

Wiz Sparkies. <end thread>

Just kidding... don't bring those to public track days. You'll piss off fellow riders/marshals.

I've tried several brands, technik, daineese, rst, some other random brands, and bickles. Bickles hold up best of all the ones I've tried. They outlast the others by a bunch.

Ok, for those of us that don't know anything, what makes rain sliders different?

Generally thicker so gives you the feel of the ground without as much lean angle needed

I go though a set of sliders every race weekend or so. Have tried every brand that there is. Bickle is now the only ones I use. They are a little "louder" then any other slider but u get used to it quick. A Stars arent to but I find they are shaped a little funny and you can t really switch sides with them.

I would pay the little extra John for the Harder ones if you want me to try some out and see if there is any difference. This is gonna be a funny thing to say but I wish they velcro was a little less sticky. I have caught my leg on a couple of turtles and instead of them coming off it nearly rips off my leg and take a gigantic gouge out of the slider.

Bickles still for the win

I too like the Bickles.
I got my 1st set of them last June- the noise initially spooked me...I wasn't ready for it and thought I had dragged my muffler.....I got used too it.
I probably have 800 laps on mine and they are barely even worn-mind you I don't force them into the ground, I just use them as a feeler gauge. And I am very short of inseam so the ground is a long ways away for me-a taller long legged rider would be dragging knee way more often than I

I would pay the little extra John for the Harder ones if you want me to try some out and see if there is any difference. This is gonna be a funny thing to say but I wish they velcro was a little less sticky. I have caught my leg on a couple of turtles and instead of them coming off it nearly rips off my leg and take a gigantic gouge out of the slider.

Bickles still for the win

well I can't get a harder plastic. Well I can and it has ceramic in it, but it does not wear any better. We tried some a few years back. The added coast in my opinion would not be justified in longer wear.
As with the velcro. we use normal velcro. You can't get any less quality. Most companies use the industrial velcro and you think mine grab,, the industrial velcro will jack you off the bike and maybe take your leg at the same time. I've tried Canadian made Velcro, American made velcro and Chinese Velcro and it's all the same. I guess I should say hook and loop fastener. This is a no win argument as I have customers that do not want the slider to come off no matter what. Then your perspective is the other side of the argument.
Sorry,,walking down the middle of the road on this one!

I too like the Bickles.
I- the noise initially spooked me...I wasn't ready for it and thought I had dragged my muffler.....I got used too it.
Ya, I should probably put a disclaimer in with them. Had a few marshals mad at me too when I first started making them.:laughing6:

Yup the odd slider scrape still makes my heart jump especially when working close to the track. Cant say that mine have ever bothered me when riding though? I do use earplugs though so maybe thats why.

Someday when I'm faster I'll need to get new sliders! I've had my Arlen Ness suit for 4 seasons and I'm still using the original knee sliders.

I have a set of Bickle sliders in my gear bag. I'll start using them whenever the AN pucks are worn out!

I think I'll just run a set of BICKLE's this year. I'll be Dave Bucklands age if I wait until my current ones are worn out.

knee sliders? yes have them

have they seen any wear yet? .... :(

Back
Top Bottom