Safe parking near Fairview Mall | GTAMotorcycle.com

Safe parking near Fairview Mall

v.capital

Hey guys,

I am currently living in an apartment building near Fairview Mall. Planning to get my M license this summer so I need to have my own bike.

The building is not considered to be a "safe" building, especially for motorcycles. Therefore, is there any parking garage for rent near that location? Or any other ideas you can share to avoid having my bike stolen yet again? Yes, lost my last one in a condo underground parking lot during a 2-week vacation.

Thanks in advance.

Hey guys,

I am currently living in an apartment building near Fairview Mall. Planning to get my M license this summer so I need to have my own bike.

The building is not considered to be a "safe" building, especially for motorcycles. Therefore, is there any parking garage for rent near that location? Or any other ideas you can share to avoid having my bike stolen yet again? Yes, lost my last one in a condo underground parking lot during a 2-week vacation.

Thanks in advance.

If you are flexible, it might also be a good idea to get a bike that isn't one of the 'top 10' targeted so to speak. There are lots of places where a supersport would be taken immediately, but a 250, cruiser, sports tourer, etc would probably be ok.

If you are flexible, it might also be a good idea to get a bike that isn't one of the 'top 10' targeted so to speak. There are lots of places where a supersport would be taken immediately, but a 250, cruiser, sports tourer, etc would probably be ok.

Thanks for the reply.

Yeah, my last bike was a brand new R1. Spot on.

I am planning to get a cruiser. I guess I should just chain it to a pillar or something during the night.

BTW, where can I find this list of the infamous top 10? I'll try google it.

Appreciated.

I don't know if there is a list, but essentially most seem to target all current and late model supersport bikes. If it is extremely old or a different style, you stand a better chance of being left alone.

I have to advise as much as I can. Park in sight of security cameras is always a good start. Always use some type of cover. Next, very serious, heavy duty chain(s) to an anchor, pole, or pillar, Wheel chock/lock to the ground, and a high quality/high end alarm. Maybe Lo-Jack? Whatever it is you should make sure that the remote is not hindered in anyway by anything. I can't say I have a pile of experience with any of this. Just my 2 Cents. I've always used heavy duty Kryptonite locks, but I've also never had a bike newer than 15 years old at least. Not exactly hot stuff. Private garages or high end older buildings I also find are always a good option. I have my R1 at a friends condo I used to live with, building is probably 20+ Years old and I've never heard of any one having any issues there. There are a few bikes around and a few high end super cars. My bike has been there for a couple of years now in storage with no issue. I don't use all of the available security options- however it is a very good building. Bottom line if thieves want it they will get it. If it's worth good coin insure it for theft to be safe obviously, never leave it around outside or in parking garages uncovered. The less people who see it stationary the less people can/will think about it being theirs.
Next time your going on vacation maybe a good idea to take some extensive security measures and/or even store it with someone you trust.

Thanks budd. That was more than useful. I was thinking about getting the new Bolt, now I guess I should rethink it.

Again,thanks.

Last edited:
If you have the $$$, then you can rent a small self storage space that runs ~$150/month for a heated locker that you can drive in and out of. Price depends greatly on location. The location is gated, you have a personal padlock on the locker and there's a security guard on premise all the time.

The drawback is transportation to and from the storage facility. And cost, of course.

Or you can throw in with a couple of friends to share a larger locker and bring that price slightly down. I know a couple of buddies that share a large locker/workspace in public storage. They keep their streetbikes and dirtbikes there all year round and can work on them inside.

Still *very* expensive though.

Last edited:
Thanks budd. That was more than useful. I was thinking about getting the new Bolt, now I guess I should rethink it.

Again,thanks.
No Problem v.capital. I didn`t mention the most obvious- full coverage. Insurance ftw. I wish I could get full coverage on my C70.

If you have the $$$, then you can rent a small self storage space that runs ~$150/month for a heated locker that you can drive in and out of. Price depends greatly on location. The location is gated, you have a personal padlock on the locker and there's a security guard on premise all the time.

The drawback is transportation to and from the storage facility. And cost, of course.

Or you can throw in with a couple of friends to share a larger locker and bring that price slightly down. I know a couple of buddies that share a large locker/workspace in public storage. They keep their streetbikes and dirtbikes there all year round and can work on them inside.

I don`t really have extra cash to be blowing on parking or storage, but that is a good solution as well if you have something ideal that is functional, and you can afford it or have people to go splits with.

No such thing as a "safe space" in a condo/apartment building underground garage.. my GSXR was stolen really easily in a very "safe" building. If you keep a bike in a condo (a nice superbike/supersport), it WILL get stolen eventually. I went out and bought a house so that I didn't have to keep getting my bikes stolen. I suggest you do the same if you're that concerned.

Yeah I tried to find something like you said but they are all far away from where I live and work. But thanks anyways man.

No such thing as a "safe space" in a condo/apartment building underground garage.. my GSXR was stolen really easily in a very "safe" building. If you keep a bike in a condo (a nice superbike/supersport), it WILL get stolen eventually. I went out and bought a house so that I didn't have to keep getting my bikes stolen. I suggest you do the same if you're that concerned.

Yeah eventually I will. But first work harder and save harderer. lol thanks for the suggestion.

I have been living in condo for all my life, currently living in a 3 year old condo, have a late model super sport 2013. It is impossible to avoid it being stolen, if you lock in down with a good heavy duty chain, it will deter most thief. But unless your parking spot is close to a column, most condo don't allow installation of anchors. I find that if the parking garage is guarded it also helps unfortunately the new ones don't, usually it's just a gate and any car any follow in from behind. I think the time and money looking for safe parking and the inconvenience that caused when I go to ride, is better off letting the insurance do what it supposed to do. It's just a bike, don't get too stressed about it.

Back
Top Bottom