2015 Civic Type R Nürburgring Run | GTAMotorcycle.com

2015 Civic Type R Nürburgring Run

Good thing Honda had the very latest in potato-cam technology to record this.

Good thing Honda had the very latest in potato-cam technology to record this.

The bright light outside and the darkness of the cabin make it very difficult for any camera to adjust properly.
Should have placed an overlap with another camera on the outside.

Regardless, that's pretty movin for a budget civic that will still get a $40 fill up!

It's a 2.5' normally aspirated engine, right? I was surprised they have not gone a different route. It actually is not that great on gas, since you mentioned it ...

It's a 2.5' normally aspirated engine, right? I was surprised they have not gone a different route. It actually is not that great on gas, since you mentioned it ...

2.0L Turbo

There are quite a few people that think the run is faked or false. I don't have an opinion, just saying.

It smashed the Nuburgring record for a front wheel drive car.

No matter how you want to slice and dice it, its pretty freakin' impressive. Only 30 seconds slower than the outrageous 2016 Porsche 911 GT3 RS on the 'ring.

http://blog.caranddriver.com/must-w...-r-lays-down-record-smashing-nurburgring-lap/

And no, as the article states, you likely won't see it here as the car is based on the totally different European Civic. But likely we will see some version of this hot engine on this side of the pond....

That is pretty darn fast ... and with twist-beam-axle rear suspension, too! (The IRS used on the North American built Civic sedan won't fit under the hatch)

I wish Honda would bring that body style here, instead of the dowdy sedan that we're stuck with. (former gen 1 Civic hatchback owner here)

From a bit of poking around, this car apparently uses a special double-pivot MacPherson strut in front in order to manage torque steer, similar to what Ford has on the Focus ST, and I recall that GM has something of this sort on a couple of models also. No wonder, with 300+ hp on tap.

10169370_756448944409052_6567592836529747536_n.jpg

In the comment section someone seems to suggest that the car at the time of the run had a cage installed ... Thus suggesting it was everything but what the production unit will be capable of. So not a fake, but perhaps not exactly a fair result of to be a production car.

I've had a couple of Si's now and I've always had a soft spot for them. Not the fastest by any stretch of the imagination. But that lil motor is very happy to rev and the car is fairly good at handling. But it's cheap....so it's got to be taken for what it is. If it was a RWD I'd really love it though.

As for this thing....awesome and I hope that Honda brings it here (I know they won't :( )....it needs to keep up with the Speed3, the GTI, and the ST as it's definitely behind on power and fun.

Back
Top Bottom