What are you paying for accident benefits? | GTAMotorcycle.com

What are you paying for accident benefits?

nobbie48

Site Supporter
I just got my Echelon renewal and with a clean record, mature rider, my accident benefits alone went up to $913.00. Liability etc are on top of that. The bike is a Goldwing. I hear of people with lower overall premiums on their full policies.

This is for standard benefits, $50,000.

My TD standard accident benefits are $700 per year. I am on a 2010 Roadstar 1700.

Of course after I got rear ended last year I have found out "standard benefits" unless your really screwed up you get put into the MIG category, (Minor Injury Group) which limits your medical rehab to $2250), Lawyers are dealing with it now.

i think mine is slightly below $1000, for sure its mid to high $900's..600cc supersport..lt will more than likely increase as i will be going over to a 1000cc SS soon

My TD standard accident benefits are $700 per year. I am on a 2010 Roadstar 1700.

Of course after I got rear ended last year I have found out "standard benefits" unless your really screwed up you get put into the MIG category, (Minor Injury Group) which limits your medical rehab to $2250), Lawyers are dealing with it now.

Less than 1% opt for increased coverage. I think that is for all vehicles but I don't know if motorcyclists follow that trend.

Long time Primmum client, changed to TD a few years ago.
$1M liability=$95
Accident Benefits=$801
+ smaller benefits (uninsured driver, property damage…)
I am paying over $1000/year for a 96 ZX7R, no tickets, no claims and clean record for 30+ years of driving/ riding. Every time I call around for quotes (yearly), I am quoted higher or told that I do not pay a lot for insurance. Considering the riding season in Southern Ontario is 4-5 months at best, we are getting gouged for sure.
As soon as the government gets involved in a business, by dictating what coverages you need to have, all of the competition is gone. We all have to pay for accident benefits. On your car, m/c and sometimes at work. I have full medical benefits at work and if I get in an accident, guess which insurance company gets to pay first? Employer. Then your spouses (if married) and then finally the vehicle insurance company picks up what is left (if any). Since my major medical benefits (paid for by me+employer) are excellent, I will probably never cost my insurance company one single cent yet I have to pay $800/year on m/c, $600/year on cars, $1000/year at work… for these mandatory accident benefits. All of this in a province with universal health care (as long as you are not driving when injured apparently). Sorry but insurance is a real sore spot for me as I am sure many other riders here.

Long time Primmum client, changed to TD a few years ago.
$1M liability=$95
Accident Benefits=$801
+ smaller benefits (uninsured driver, property damage…)
I am paying over $1000/year for a 96 ZX7R, no tickets, no claims and clean record for 30+ years of driving/ riding. Every time I call around for quotes (yearly), I am quoted higher or told that I do not pay a lot for insurance. Considering the riding season in Southern Ontario is 4-5 months at best, we are getting gouged for sure.
As soon as the government gets involved in a business, by dictating what coverages you need to have, all of the competition is gone. We all have to pay for accident benefits. On your car, m/c and sometimes at work. I have full medical benefits at work and if I get in an accident, guess which insurance company gets to pay first? Employer. Then your spouses (if married) and then finally the vehicle insurance company picks up what is left (if any). Since my major medical benefits (paid for by me+employer) are excellent, I will probably never cost my insurance company one single cent yet I have to pay $800/year on m/c, $600/year on cars, $1000/year at work… for these mandatory accident benefits. All of this in a province with universal health care (as long as you are not driving when injured apparently). Sorry but insurance is a real sore spot for me as I am sure many other riders here.

Welcome to "universal" healthcare. People call me crazy when I suggest I'd prefer private healthcare; it's really not a stretch, most people already pay about the same premiums for private healthcare (through accident benefits) as our friends down south.

I totally agree! People get so hung up on "universal health care" but do not realize that with taxes collected, accident benefits, group benefits and out of pockets medical expenses, you could have top notch health care AND money left over. We have universal health care AS LONG AS you do not get hurt while driving because that is all covered privately (accident benefits and employee benefits). SCAM!

My insurance documents just came in the mail, accident benefits costing $4000+, TD is insane.

My insurance documents just came in the mail, accident benefits costing $4000+, TD is insane.

Seriously? Is that for the basic $50,000 coverage? If you don't mind sharing, what are your stats, bike, tickets claims, experience. For me TDMM was cheaper than Echelon.

Not sure how much, it says standard accident benefit, Echelon wouldn't insure my 636. Theft coverage was only $133 in comparison......

Not sure how much, it says standard accident benefit, Echelon wouldn't insure my 636. Theft coverage was only $133 in comparison......

Standard benefits are capped at $50,000 but the insurance form should give the premium breakdown. You can buy more coverage if you want to protect yourself. Basically, OHIP doesn't cover rehab.

I opted for top of the line attendant and medical care ($1.1 mil each) enhanced accident benefits. My premium was only $100 more for that. Is it because I have a low CC bike?

total annual including the enhanced benefits, $850. Brand new rider.

Back
Top Bottom