Loving blackberry blend | Page 2 | GTAMotorcycle.com

Loving blackberry blend

I love blackberry blend. I can do so much from my computer if I forget my phone in another room. A lot of times I'm texting via computer instead of my phone. It's great for productivity.

LMFAO, I've been texting from my computer and tablet for a few years. I guess next you will be getting a iphone 3 saying wow what a phone. as usual you're a day late and a dollar short.

Sent from my GT-N8010 using Tapatalk

The functionality and ease of use on blackberry vs other platforms is quite different. Sorry phone nerds, blackberry wins this one!

In what was is it easier? Using a Mac and iOS all I have to do is add my apple id. I get one verification to accept and I am all set to go. I can sent text or sms to iPhones and non iPhones. Super simple, no bluetooth needed to connect, my iPhone does not even need to be in the same building as my iMac.

I am not familiar with the blackberry feature, only the brief blurb I read about it. Seems to function in a similar way. Am I missing some amazing feature that Blackberry has come out with that sets it apart from the rest?

In what was is it easier? Using a Mac and iOS all I have to do is add my apple id. I get one verification to accept and I am all set to go. I can sent text or sms to iPhones and non iPhones. Super simple, no bluetooth needed to connect, my iPhone does not even need to be in the same building as my iMac.

I am not familiar with the blackberry feature, only the brief blurb I read about it. Seems to function in a similar way. Am I missing some amazing feature that Blackberry has come out with that sets it apart from the rest?

It applies more when there are VPN's and other things in between the connections that make it more appealing.

It's all similar, really. You use what's best for your own use case. The one thing I like about Blend is it leave no footprint on wherever you use it, it's all run from the phone (and stays on the phone).

It applies more when there are VPN's and other things in between the connections that make it more appealing.

It's all similar, really. You use what's best for your own use case. The one thing I like about Blend is it leave no footprint on wherever you use it, it's all run from the phone (and stays on the phone).

So the difference is that to use it on a PC/Mac, you need your blackberry present?

I agree completely, whatever works best for you. We need as much competition in the tech sector as possible to keep things pushing forward.

Did that. TCP/IPv6 is already checked.

More troubleshooting tips... http://btsc.webapps.blackberry.com/...nisa.apps.common.BaseViewedDocsListHelperImpl

I've got Blend installed and working on a Win 7 (office), Win 8, MacBook, and iPad. Works great, and once you get past the initial set up, nothing else to do, connects automatically when you are within wifi range (or mobile if you choose). A flick of a switch on my BB cuts off those devices/computers if I choose, and as mentioned, not a trace of your phone, files, etc is left on any of those computers when you are done with it.

Also great is not only does texting, but BBM, email, files, .pdfs, calendar, pics etc as well. If its on your BB, you will be able to access it. Fantastic productivity tool and nobody does security better.....

Last edited:
I've seen that troubleshooting list before, and a lot of it goes over my head. (Not a computer geek) Everything that I know how to check, is OK. Prime suspect, is firewall/antivirus, but I don't know how to do anything about it. Turning my Avast antivirus completely off temporarily did not solve the issue.

This Blend system seems to work as easy as 1 2 3 ..... 4 5 6, check forums for support, 7 8, troubleshoot with three different people, 9, 10, Voilà!

:agave:

It's not unusual for software or equipment from different places to not play nice together and not have instructions adequate to get a non-tech-geek through the process. I just went through a headache with my wireless network. It stopped working, I took all the hardware to my ISP (good thing I deal with a mom-and-pop local one where I can get one-on-one tech support), router and wireless thingey both bad (odd, but whatever). Bought a new combined router/wireless gizmo (one less box and cable to get wrong) and had them set it up, but I was on my own for getting my wireless printer to work with it ... and THAT was a headache. Still don't know if the new gizmo will work with the old desktop computer (which is Windows XP) but the old computer is more-or-less non-essential anyhow.

I only know enough about computers to type at them.

Where I used to work, there was only one way I knew how to fix anything computer related ... pick up the phone, 3 3 7, "get over here, it's broken".

Bad thing about being quasi-self-employed is that there's no IT guy to fix stuff any more. If there was, I'd just tell him to fix this, and the problem would magically go away.

Do some repairs on my bike and I'll fix up your stuff...!

It's not unusual for software or equipment from different places to not play nice together and not have instructions adequate to get a non-tech-geek through the process. I just went through a headache with my wireless network. It stopped working, I took all the hardware to my ISP (good thing I deal with a mom-and-pop local one where I can get one-on-one tech support), router and wireless thingey both bad (odd, but whatever). Bought a new combined router/wireless gizmo (one less box and cable to get wrong) and had them set it up, but I was on my own for getting my wireless printer to work with it ... and THAT was a headache. Still don't know if the new gizmo will work with the old desktop computer (which is Windows XP) but the old computer is more-or-less non-essential anyhow.

I only know enough about computers to type at them.

Where I used to work, there was only one way I knew how to fix anything computer related ... pick up the phone, 3 3 7, "get over here, it's broken".

Bad thing about being quasi-self-employed is that there's no IT guy to fix stuff any more. If there was, I'd just tell him to fix this, and the problem would magically go away.

So the difference is that to use it on a PC/Mac, you need your blackberry present?

I agree completely, whatever works best for you. We need as much competition in the tech sector as possible to keep things pushing forward.
The BlackBerry just needs data connectivity.

It also allows you to use your pc/laptop as your own personal cloud storage. You can access, copy or stream whatever folders you allow.

I've seen that troubleshooting list before, and a lot of it goes over my head. (Not a computer geek) Everything that I know how to check, is OK. Prime suspect, is firewall/antivirus, but I don't know how to do anything about it. Turning my Avast antivirus completely off temporarily did not solve the issue.

If you have Windows Vista or later, press your Windows key.
Type "Firewall" then click on it from the list.
In the window that opens click on Advanced settings.
That should get you to the Windows Firewall with Advanced Security window.
Click on Inbound rules on the left, then double-click the Blackberry Blend name from the list in the middle.
Select "Allow the connection" then OK. You probably blocked it upon install.

Try Blend now

Thanks. Blackberry Blend already has a green check-mark beside it. Double-clicking on it doesn't bring up anything that looks like "allow the connection".

LiNK666 to the rescue! Seems fixed!

Operator error when installing the software, we're just not sure what the error was. Fixed by taking everything Blackberry related off the laptop and re-installing everything.

Operator error when installing the software, we're just not sure what the error was. Fixed by taking everything Blackberry related off the laptop and re-installing everything.

Enjoy. I use it everyday and can't live without it...

I don't think you did anything wrong rather it was a software issue. For some reason the version of BB link/blend that installed directly from my passport worked but the version we installed from the website did not want to communicate with the Z10. It seems to be a common issue. Maybe different versions of the software.

Just remember to keep the mobile network off. It'll save your data charges. As long as you have wifi you won't need it. You should be able to transfer movies and song to your BB with much ease now too. It's just drag and drop!

Back
Top Bottom