Loving blackberry blend | GTAMotorcycle.com

Loving blackberry blend

LiNK666

I love blackberry blend. I can do so much from my computer if I forget my phone in another room. A lot of times I'm texting via computer instead of my phone. It's great for productivity.

You bought BlackBerry stocks

It is a great feature for sure. Can do that with all my iOS and Macs. Nice to have so many options to read and respond to text messages with whatever is convenient for me.

un·in·formed

ˌənənˈfôrmd/
adjective

• not having or showing awareness or understanding of the facts.

The functionality and ease of use on blackberry vs other platforms is quite different. Sorry phone nerds, blackberry wins this one!

Nothing new here, this type of functionality is available across most OS systems.

What's nice about Blend is that it's multi platform (Win/iOS/android/BB). You can leave your BlackBerry half way across the country, and still access it fully with Blend on any device through wifi or through your BB's 4G LTE connection

I believe with the Apple, it only works on iOS which sucks if you are a multiplatform user, or stuck using a PC at work, school, library, friends house, loaner, etc. Great for iOS users, but bites for the rest of us. And, correct me if I'm wrong, but you need to be on the same wifi signal as we ll.

Sent from my Passport

Last edited:
Questions from a dumkopf.

My Z10 recently got the BB10.3 upgrade, so prompted by this thread, I downloaded Blackberry Blend. I can get this laptop to talk to the phone when connected through the phone's USB cable, but I can't figure out how to get it to work wirelessly.

Laptop is connected to wireless router, phone is connected to the same wireless router (I just checked). Starting Blackberry Blend reports " <the number of my phone> Currently unavailable". Obviously it knows the phone's existence since it is correctly reporting the phone's registration number. Clicking "Troubleshooting" brings up a screen with a bunch of recommendations:
- On your device's "settings", sign in with Blackberry ID (That page correctly reports who I am and it doesn't give me a "sign in" option so I'm assuming I am already signed in)
- A network error occurred (33). Try connecting again with a USB cable. Well ... yes ... it works just fine when connected with the USB cable. Disconnect it and back to square one.

Then there's a big checklist.
Device running 10.3.1 or later (Yes)
Computer or tablet connected to the internet (Yes)
IPv6 is enabled and isn't blocked by antivirus or a firewall (??? I do recall that Windows was not happy one bit about seeing Blackberry Blend start, so there may be something happening here, but I have no idea what to do to fix it. Running Avast antivirus/firewall)
Device connected to a WiFi network or mobile network (Yes)
Device settings are set to "Allow connections" (Yes)

Have you signed in with your Blackberry ID?, that's what you need to sign in with. Blend will then send a confirmation # to your cell to match up.

I've connected both wifi and usb cable, works fine with both.

Try connecting with USB first and set it up. If the setup was done wrong try to delete device on phone and on computer. Also under the blend app on your phone make sure you have wireless selected and mobile network turned off

Lets take this step by step....

Before you can start to use Blend, you have to "pair" your phone with the computer. They have to "see" each other. So something is definitely up....

You have Blend downloaded on your Z10 (BB world app store), AND on your computer (see link below)?

download here.... http://ca.blackberry.com/software/desktop/blackberry-blend.html

Then, go to your Blend settings on your Z10, and turn on the connection for your computer. If its set up properly on your Z10, it should list your computer, and there will be a toggle switch to let it talk to your computer wirelessly. make sure its on.

Last edited:
Blackberry Blend is installed on the phone. I didn't even know it had an app that could be opened, so I did. After a couple of welcome screens (this is on the Blackberry), I get to a screen that says "Open Device Connections" etc and it has a link to the Device Connections settings page. "Allow connections" is turned on, "Use mobile network" had been turned off but I turned it on (didn't make any difference). Back to the previous screen, it reports the name of the paired laptop but says "Disconnected". The little on/off slider thingey allows me to choose between "Disabled" (if it is off) and "Disconnected" (if it is on). I can't get past that screen.

It works fine with a USB cable connecting them ...

I really do think it has something to do with the several error messages that Windows came up with during the installation. It was not happy one bit about Blackberry Blend, and I recall seeing the text "certain features have been disabled".

Last edited:
I found a website to "Test your IPv6 connectivity" with the laptop. Basically ... it doesn't.

I don't know what IPv6 is, but whatever it is, it doesn't!

I found a website to "Test your IPv6 connectivity" with the laptop. Basically ... it doesn't.

I don't know what IPv6 is, but whatever it is, it doesn't!
I'm assuming you're using a Windows OS on your laptop. Follow the instructions here to enable IPv6:

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/ipv6-faq#1TC=windows-7

The errors and pop-ups during install were probably a combination of your anti virus and OS Firewall settings trying to make sense of what access Blend was requesting. It defaults to 'not allow'.

Back
Top Bottom