Insuring 2 bikes | GTAMotorcycle.com

Insuring 2 bikes

Vamz

Are you able to insure 2 supersport bikes under one owner ? Just wondering what I could say to insure both under my name that will sound legit ? or does it even matter ?

I believe you can register multiple bikes under your name as the primary, but you won't get a big break on the amount for each.
This coming from a few "multi-bike" owners I've spoken with.

Sounds like your trying to insure someone elses bike as your own the way you word it. If you own multiple vehicles why wouldn't you be able to insure both? They each get their own policy and you could have like 50 bikes under your name.

You can insure as many bikes as you want.
If you're trying to insure a second bike for a new rider and don't disclose and something happens, good luck explaining that to the insurance company.
You will be cancelled for misrepresentation, and if you think your paying to much insurance now, wait until you see your following renewal. Let's just say Facility will insure you.

It might sound odd if the two bikes were identical models and year but you wouldn't be the first to have a daily driver and a fresh out of the box. You use the daily for commuting and practicing stuff that might result in scratched chrome. The shiny one is for posing.

However if you are trying to help a buddy out of an insurance jam be prepared to pay for the rest of your life.

As said, even if there is only one rider you pay full shot for each bike.

There is only a hand full of companies that will insure motorcycles, 10-15% is the average nothing more.

Yeah, that's how it's been few years ago, just checking if anything's changed.
So far called Intact (which I'm with through Cornerstone) and TD. TD's discount is 10% for me, Intact only 5%...
However, combined premium with Intact is still 25% lower.
I'm going to check Desjardins and Aviva, post results here.

The most bikes I've had insured at one time was 3. Paid full pop for each one. No multi vehicle discount.

TD claims I'm getting a multi-bike discount but never lists it , so who knows , considering insurance companies just make up numbers ! I miss the days (20 years ago ??) of multiple vehicles on a single premium as long as you're the only driver . This made too much sense for the customer , I guess . I'd love to get a third bike but can't justify the cost .

Well, I just did get offered multiple vehicle discount like I said ...

Anyhow, called RBC and they wanted 43% more. Yikes!
Looks like I'm sticking with Intact. Wish my work offered group plans. Guys get great rates that way.
Dwtails of your quote? Im gunna ask rbc for quotes for my car, bike, and rental insurance, just wanna see if they are competitive

RBC was the worst for standalone bike policy for me man. I didn't even bother asking about car or condo insurance. They wanted $2,500 for KLR650 and VFR800 which is crazy.

Intact - $1,454
Desjardins - $1,672
TD - $1,898
RBC - $2,505

Liability only. 1 mil. No condo or auto discount.
Clean record, over 30, SW Mississauga.

From my personal experience no one gave me a better car premium than Belair. Desjardins was a half decent option because they insure cars and bikes while Belair doesn't.

I have yet to try Allstate and RiderPlus.

Last edited:
Yeah, I know, the problem is I do a whole bunch of spontaneous, or at least "casually planned" rides and that makes it complicated. I may move my car and house to Allstate in which case I would only pay $500 per bike. That way, $1,000 a year, I could afford to keep both insured.
Waiting for some details from my broker.

From my personal experience no one gave me a better car premium than Belair. Desjardins was a half decent option because they insure cars and bikes while Belair doesn't.

I have yet to try Allstate and RiderPlus.

Belair was $500/yr more expensive than Desjardins for my cars.
So far, no one is cheaper on bike quotes for my area than TD.

Back
Top Bottom