2016 GSX-R design rumors - Flip flopper's Unite! | GTAMotorcycle.com

2016 GSX-R design rumors - Flip flopper's Unite!

Dresden

So! Has anyone heard anything credible about a design update to the next gen of GSXR's?

Since we have radical designs from Kawasaki (H2) and Yamaha (R1), I wonder what Suzuki will with; especially since they know what they are going up against.
As the budget Literbike choice out of the main Japanese manufacturers, I'm super excited!

Please, PLEASE god don't let it just be another "New Gixxer, now with Bolder-er graphics and a Yoshi pipe!".

Also found a nice pictorial of the evolution of the 1000's.

evolution_de_la_suzuki_750_gsxr_de_1984_a_2014.jpg

Thoughts? Anyone hear anything? Bueller.. bueller?

No one outside of Suzuki knows what will happen next year; this year was just "bold new graphics". The Gixxers are now seriously outdated.

I was really hoping for something new for 2015 with their return to MotoGP and all. All we got was MotoGP replica graphics that look half-assed on street bodywork. I'm not expecting anything exciting for 2016.

Gen 7 and 8 are almost identical engine wise too =(

I know the Yamaha fans were bitching for years about updating the R1/R6...Suzuki has to do something now or there's no reason to buy newer GSXRs.

im a big suzuki fan, and so far its been nothing but disappointment with these guys
i dont know wth is wrong with them, their cars suck, but bikes are great sellers, UPDATE dammit!!
ive been wanting a brand new gixxer 1000 for a long time, but i refuse to buy this outdated crappy model currently running

Oh but it doesn't have all the fancy electronics :rolleyes: Granted it's due for a face lift but I wouldn't call it outdated

Gixxers were definitely the most disappointing at the bike show a week or so ago, I am talking design wise. Most other manufacturers have something new to show except Suzuki.

Also found a nice pictorial of the evolution of the 1000's.

evolution_de_la_suzuki_750_gsxr_de_1984_a_2014.jpg

Thoughts?

Not to be overly pedantic but a lot of these aren't 1000s and I've never heard of 1984 GSXR of any size. Other than that, nice picture.

You know, if they could sell the current bike for $2000 less to compensate for all the technology in the newer bikes etc. it would sell like hotcakes, I think.

But no, they're like $15K when a RSV4 is $16K and a S1000RR is $17K (rough numbers). Silly.

Gixxers were definitely the most disappointing at the bike show a week or so ago, I am talking design wise. Most other manufacturers have something new to show except Suzuki.

Ya, they're as disappointing as a single backflip. The extraordinary always becomes the ordinary. 2001 GSXR1000 blew everybody's hair back. Today? Whatever. I like this trend.

IDK. They would be highly motivated to keep any 2016 changes under wraps for a while, even if it wasn't a complete redesign, because anything on the horizon would push the interest in 2015 models off a cliff

You know, if they could sell the current bike for $2000 less to compensate for all the technology in the newer bikes etc. it would sell like hotcakes, I think.

But no, they're like $15K when a RSV4 is $16K and a S1000RR is $17K (rough numbers). Silly.

Slight derailment, but I wonder if Shaman will agree that the 2015 S1000RR is pretty hot*? I personally think that DDC being available to everyman slobs like me is exciting.

*Agreement would not constitute questioning the hotness of any motor vehicles made by Aprilia

Bingo! I love them and all but if I can and will have a s1000rr for a little bit more the purchase is a no brainer. I'm hoping with the return to motogp they come up with something new next year. The 6/750 has been the same since 2011 and the 1000 since what, 2009? They're overdue

Not to be overly pedantic but a lot of these aren't 1000s and I've never heard of 1984 GSXR of any size. Other than that, nice picture.

None of those are 1000s, its a pic of the evo of the 750.

Slight derailment, but I wonder if Shaman will agree that the 2015 S1000RR is pretty hot*? I personally think that DDC being available to everyman slobs like me is exciting.

If it handles, yes. I'm not sure I love the looks of it but I don't hate the looks of it, either. It does look moderately special, partially because it looks more like the HP4. It's always made more peak power than 99% of the riders can use, but now it makes more throughout the rpm range, too. They fixed the electronics that had them porpoising off every hairpin and ruining people's reproductive systems. Apparently they don't spit conrods or geartrains nearly as often as the early bikes, either. Overall, BMW's bike has evolved into a really potent, usable machine. It has heated grips and a cruise control, hahaha

That said, I don't get much out of inline-4s anymore unless I'm trying to pound them into the asphalt, so it still isn't a bike I lust after. I can appreciate and respect what it is, though... it's finally without the glaring flaws of its predecessors (not that the 2012+ models were bad). And no question, they're going to be fast in the right hands, if you have the scratch to put a $20K++ bike on the track

Outdated how? In 2013 the GSXR won the supersport shootout https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=veXxpqE9yPg

I guess they figure if it's not broken why fix it.

sure its not broken, so why fix it.. neither are the 911 porsches... YET they still go through a refresh
the gixxer is outdated in design, great bang for the buck.. but a 2015 looks super similar to a 2008

really it all comes down to "we want something new to look at"

and we're just talking about gsxr, what about that land yacht hayabusa???
time to make that thing 200hp+, alot lighter and more maneuverable

Last edited:
and we're just talking about gsxr, what about that land yacht hayabusa???
time to make that thing 200hp+, alot lighter and more maneuverable

It should be 220hp+ and it could use a diet, but I'm not all that concerned about that. Give it real power, a modicum of TC to keep it safe, maybe a little chassis adjustment and throw it to the wolves. The wolves will feast. All the superbikes are making at least 200 crank horsepower now (except Suzuki and Honda), and some of them considerably more.

You know, prototype GSX-R 1000s and superstock race setups made 200hp+ in 2000. Suzuki just figured (rightly?) that people would reliably kill themselves on it, if they released that to the public. :D

^ i want me one of them 2000's prototypes........... lol

Back
Top Bottom