26 Years Old, M1, Clean/No Record, R6 - What are my options for Insurance? | Page 2 | GTAMotorcycle.com

26 Years Old, M1, Clean/No Record, R6 - What are my options for Insurance?

State Farm wont insure you with less then 5 years of M experience or more then 2 tickets.

Call me Monday at 905-639-3311 ask for Peter and remind me your from GTAM

That is incorrect. Unless you meant that they will not insure a motorcycle unless you have had your G for 5 years. But I'm not even certain about that.

Uh since when? I know many people with state farm without a full m.

Just posted the same thing, as I am with them and on year 5 of M2

It's know wonder a lot of the big bike shops that were around years ago closed up. I use to insure a R1 in 2002 for 140 a month and hated that lol.

That is incorrect. Unless you meant that they will not insure a motorcycle unless you have had your G for 5 years. But I'm not even certain about that.

This. You must have your g for 5 years to qualify for bike insurance. However, you can have your m1 for five minutes to qualify for bike insurance. Lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

State Farm wont insure you with less then 5 years of M experience or more then 2 tickets.

Call me Monday at 905-639-3311 ask for Peter and remind me your from GTAM

I'm sorry but that's not true..I'm under 3 years with my M and 2 minor tickets and they gave me quotes to insure me,

You have to have a driver's license for a minimum of 5 years and that begins from the time you got your G1. They will also insure you with two (minor) tickets, but if you get a 3rd, they can drop you.

Funny thing I found out last week: If I move from da 'bridge to Oakville, my premiums decrease by 40%! Even though I would be driving an extra 50 km/day.
Sent from my Nokia Lumia 625 Windows Phone using Tapatalk

Yes this was a mistake, I did mean your G.

Thanks to this thread, I decided to give State Farm a call to see what coverage would be on a 250cc bike for a brand-new driver. I have had my M1 for one day, G for much longer and conviction-free.

rate was $55/month minimum liability no collision
$68 with 2 mil and collision

i am impressed. So far all the insurance quote horror stories I've heard for new drivers is not holding true, I guess 250cc bikes aren't considered a big risk.

That's still triple what I paid for a 250 a few years back. $225 / year all in. Not with SF though.

You have to have a driver's license for a minimum of 5 years and that begins from the time you got your G1. They will also insure you with two (minor) tickets, but if you get a 3rd, they can drop you.

So I can't get insurance at all? I have no driving experience(least on record ;)), no G1, never. You're telling me SF won't insure me? Than who will?!?!!!

Any ideas out there?

Sorry to be the bearer of bad news. If you haven't already bought the bike and you insist on riding this season. You might want to look at 250's/300's. Unless of course you can afford $8600/year.

No official driving record and you want to start on a supersport? Look at 250s or 300s. Fast enough legally for the street and they still look good. Or even a 500. And still be ready to pay.

Good luck

So I can't get insurance at all? I have no driving experience(least on record ;)), no G1, never. You're telling me SF won't insure me? Than who will?!?!!!

Any ideas out there?
Look for surnet insurance brokers. They'll help you out.

Your best bet is calling them and getting quotes.

Back
Top Bottom